News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

led holder

Started by illcom, September 30, 2010, 09:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illcom

any of you are using these kind of led holders, it seems the led is holding only by pressure. i've put one of these a little close of the stomp switch and keeps on falling inside if I touch it too hard with my foot, Ideas???

maysink

I've never had this type fall out but I imagine a dab o' hot glue would take care of everything.
[nothing to see here]
-e

madbean

They are tough little suckers, but you can actually get the plastic nubs to lock into the bezel if you push hard enough. Sometimes you have to trim a hair off the side of it with wire cutters.

madbean

Actually, I'll correct myself. Those clear nubs are different than the ones I've used and won't lock into the bezel. silicone or crazy glue is probably the solution.

illcom

thanks, i'll try the crazy glue, but I guess i won't be able to take the led off, anyways Ill keep you posted on the result

CRBMoA

Hot glue is semi permanent. It will hold the led for years of gig use, but can still be cut and peeled should the need arise.

dictator

Crazy Glue worked for me in the past..

gtr2

I found the cheapest source for these to be the local radio shack.  Decent quality too.  I know, it's hard to believe :o
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

mjcyates

Quotelocal radio shack
That's where I get mine. Good quality and easy to use.

maysink

yep. their led holders are the lone shining star of a once great nation (or so I'm told--too young)...
[nothing to see here]
-e

CRBMoA

I could tell you some Radio Shack stories, but it's time for Matlock or Lawrence Welk

lincolnic

Quote from: CRBMoA on October 05, 2010, 04:14:20 PM
I could tell you some Radio Shack stories, but it's time for Matlock or Lawrence Welk

I'd like to nominate this for Post of the Week.

maysink

[nothing to see here]
-e