News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Would any SMD dudes be willing to fix my MF Delay?

Started by AntKnee, November 16, 2018, 08:59:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AntKnee

So, my MF delay stopped delaying. After a conversation with the tech support at Moog, I know what needs to be replaced. It's a common problem, apparently, related to the power supply used. This pedal is very finicky about the power supply, and often craps out if you use a one spot type power supply. I actually sold it on Reverb to a guy who, upon receiving it, contacted me and said it didn't work. I know it worked when I sent it. Anyway, I need a resistor and maybe a capacitor replaced. I just don't have the tools or SMD experience to do it.

If anyone can help me out, shoot me a PM.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

AntKnee

Would trade parts or other pedal work for help. I have tons of pcb's, enclosures, IC's, etc.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

gtr2

You don't need expensive tools to do the work and you likely have enough to do what you need.

Just check out one of the youtube tutorials on SMD soldering and go from there.  Practice on a junk PCB, there are many SMD boards up on OSH park and on the interweb to spin up if you don't have one.  There is the SMD challenge PCB floating around.

For just taking a SMD resistor off for instance, I kind of cheat and just quickly use two irons to lift it.  I don't break out the hot air or anything for that.  You can use a cheapy iron and your good iron to accomplish that.  Then put some desoldering braid on the pads and wick up the remaining solder after the removal.
Just be quick and don't overheat the pads.
Then follow the numerous smd tutorials to solder the new components.

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

matmosphere

Look at the voltage regulator. I just fixed a friend mf102 and that was the issue. It was through hole though. I gots no smd skills