News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aristocrat Build

Started by scdesigns, October 14, 2011, 04:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scdesigns

Well all i can say is wow - nice tone - pain in the arse to wire!

For the people who asked in my other threads for guts this time i took a pic of some before closing her up;

nzCdog

Very tidy... and cool graphics, is that an etch or decal?

scdesigns

Jamiroking

Great looking pedal. That board is a beast! Is that just a decal and then clear coat over it? I was thinking of doing that with some waterslide decals on one of the bare tayda enclosures but I wasn't sure if I needed to do anything special to get the decal to stick to the bare metal.

madbean

Good for you...I really like the simple lines in the gfx. Sometimes understated goes a long way!

If I were to do the Aristocrat now, I would have gone with PCB mounted pots. You are absolutely right that it is just too much damn wiring!

scdesigns

Quote from: madbean on October 14, 2011, 09:15:48 PM
"...PCB mounted pots."

Yea that would be an ideal option - shame you no longer stock this, it was a great build. Can't wait to get the latest 2 pcb's i have ordered from you done and that Electric Mistress look's great!

TNblueshawk

Fantastic build SC, love it.
John

bigmufffuzzwizz

Looks really good! The black and silver is pretty industrial looking..
That does look like a decent amount of wiring..I recently started using ribbon wire making wiring pots a whole mess easier. I don't have to measure the wires individually and the stuff I have is really flexible.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

TNblueshawk

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on October 16, 2011, 07:01:35 PM
Looks really good! The black and silver is pretty industrial looking..
That does look like a decent amount of wiring..I recently started using ribbon wire making wiring pots a whole mess easier. I don't have to measure the wires individually and the stuff I have is really flexible.

BM, where did you source your ribbon?
John

bigmufffuzzwizz

I got the stuff I'm using from Futurlec. My first order I just got the rainbow ribbon which is very flexible, I still haven't had an incident w/ them snapping off. It takes a little bit more precision w/ stripping and separating them but it's no problem w/ an exact-o knife pen. I tried ordering the gray ribbon cable from them and its garbage. The insulation is weak and can be pulled apart w/ my fingers, the strands are few, weak and pull out easily. I couldn't stop that stuff from snapping once soldered. So I have a big roll of that sheit and I'm out $2 oh well  :-\. But I still love and would recommend the rainbow ribbon.
I've been hoping to find another souce, maybe one that's even cheaper but I don't know my way around Mouser to well..
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

TNblueshawk

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on October 18, 2011, 02:52:39 PM
I got the stuff I'm using from Futurlec. My first order I just got the rainbow ribbon which is very flexible, I still haven't had an incident w/ them snapping off. It takes a little bit more precision w/ stripping and separating them but it's no problem w/ an exact-o knife pen. I tried ordering the gray ribbon cable from them and its garbage. The insulation is weak and can be pulled apart w/ my fingers, the strands are few, weak and pull out easily. I couldn't stop that stuff from snapping once soldered. So I have a big roll of that sheit and I'm out $2 oh well  :-\. But I still love and would recommend the rainbow ribbon.
I've been hoping to find another souce, maybe one that's even cheaper but I don't know my way around Mouser to well..

Thanks and yeah, Mouser is a bitch. I ordered a couple things from there and it took me 45 minutes to search/find/be sure/order. But, man they were fast in shippiing it to me.
John