News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

International Shipping - now with cheaper options!

Started by madbean, March 26, 2018, 09:15:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

I'm happy to announce that there are more options for all non-USA customers. Starting today you can pay between $5-6 shipping for orders under $30. This is a substantial reduction from the recent increase we had in January due to the new USPS policies.

- Under $30 orders now ship much cheaper. These orders are sent through a special USPS processing center so they will take a few extra days but hopefully you won't mind since the postage is around 50-60% less.

- I've re-instated the shipping adjusted prices for the VFE projects that ship with 16mm pots (these require regular 1st Class shipping) but they are lower than before. In some cases I'll eat a few dollars on the shipping which is fine. In other cases, your shipping might work out higher than needed. I will automatically refund any excess shipping that is $1 or more (this is something I've always done anyway).

Thanks for your patience while this was worked out. I've already refunded shipping on all the orders I did today where it was needed.

m-Kresol

Quote from: madbean on March 26, 2018, 09:15:56 AM
Thanks for your patience while this was worked out.

Thank YOU for figuring this out and making the service available to us.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

diablochris6

That's great news. Is it an option that is available to anybody shipping internationally, or is it something available to at-home postage services? Is there a secret handshake you have to perform with the USPS worker?
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

madbean

Quote from: diablochris6 on March 29, 2018, 07:46:31 AM
That's great news. Is it an option that is available to anybody shipping internationally, or is it something available to at-home postage services? Is there a secret handshake you have to perform with the USPS worker?

Nothing special. The service became available through the software I use for shipping which is Dazzle. I tried out ShipStation (has a similar service) for a bit but I really didn't like it. You cannot do it through regular USPS service at a USPS location for all I know.

Willybomb

carausius

Hi Madbean, Is the cheaper international postage offer still going?

My Total Recall pcb order was $10.00 postage a while back & trying a new order with $28.00 of PCB's still charges the same standard international post @ $10.00.

Or is Europe a higher rate?

madbean

It isn't available any longer. I had an extremely frustrating 2 months of lost and returned packages using Flats so I gave up on it. For now, regular 1st Class is the only option.

carausius

Cheers Madbean.

I'll just save up for a batch of PCB's instead of ordering them as singles!  8)