News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Grapevine - catalinbread dirty little secret

Started by eniacmike, July 17, 2010, 01:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldhousescott

The update on the Catalinbread site talks of adding a 5000pF cap in parallel with the 100pF bright cap, so that would make the combined capacitance 5100pF (5n1 or 0.005uF). He also said the range between 200pF and 5000pF sound bad to them. So basically keep it below 200pF or above 5000pF. Or better still, let your own ears decide!

madbean

I'll get this info added to the project docs about the caps. Thanks for sharing!

Battery Acid

You're welcome!

Soon you'll be sending more boards to Brasil (not with "z", hehe).
Complicate it doesn't make it wrong

eniacmike

2nd edition.

It's 4 am so I can't really fire up the amp and test it out but everything works.

CapnCrunch

Cool!

I like the idea of having the Rawk mode selectable by footswitch.  I am planning on doing the same when ever I get around to building this pedal.  I also prefer the look of pedals executed in the larger box.  They just look cooler, even if they're not as pedal board friendly. 

Give us a review of the 2nd edition when you get a chance.  Seems like you could almost use this pedal alone for rhythm and lead set up the way you have it.  Was it necessary to go with the 1590 size box or was that a stylistic choice?

gtr2

I like the larger enclosure also.  It probably makes it sound better too ;)
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

eniacmike

Quote from: CapnCrunch on August 14, 2010, 07:51:55 AM

Give us a review of the 2nd edition when you get a chance.  Seems like you could almost use this pedal alone for rhythm and lead set up the way you have it.  Was it necessary to go with the 1590 size box or was that a stylistic choice?

I have a hard enough time hitting the right pedals let alone one pedal with two stomps on it. I think you could fit in in a 1590B turned sideways like the box of rock but you probably couldn't fit the grapevine board in along with a battery. You would probably want to put the stomp switches in the corners like I did to make more space for the board too.  a 1590B turned sidways is the same width as a 1590BB turned sideways so you are only saving on the depth. it's going to take up as much horizontal space on a pedal board, and then you risk stepping on pots.

maysink

Is it worth it? I'm awaiting a grapevine pcb and does one really NEED the rock/rawk as a stomp or is a toggle good enuf? Again--just looking for a real-world opinion so I know to order a larger enclosure.
[nothing to see here]
-e

eniacmike

It's not worth it just a cool custom trick.

rosettastoned

i made one too,  but change some caps in tone control.

maysink

Love the paint job! The air bubble texture in the red is top notch--what kind of paint did you use for that effect? Also, details on the cap substitutions!
[nothing to see here]
-e

nimbleswitch

Love the LED on the Crime Scene. Makes it look bloodier.

I dl'ed version 2 PDF of the Grapevine and there is no 151pF cap. I assume it's C9 that's supposed to be 151pF, is that correct?
I've got one hand in my pocket, and the other one is waving a dildo.