News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BumbleBee

Started by madbean, October 24, 2011, 05:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Here's my build using the new BumbleBee board. It still needs a little work. I had it sounding perfect before loading into the enclosure (which used to contain a Tonebender). Had nothing but problems getting it in. I had a simple push button switch to toggle the battery on and off so I could leave the jacks plugged in, but the switch was bad. So, I replaced that with a Road Rage board and DC jack. Then I had problems trying to fit the PCB mounted pots into the holes for the previous build that was in there. I replaced those with wired pots but one of them must be significantly different in resistance value because now there are a few slight "mis-biased" spots. So, I'll have to unload and test again. The LED is just a dummy for now. Frankly, I'm tired of messing with it so I probably finish it off in a few days. But, when it's done it will sound cool as hell! I used OC75 for the transistors.

TheCobbenator

Sorry you had so much trouble, Brian!  I'm sure it'll be sweet when it's operational again! Can't wait to hear it.

Also, don't take this the wrong way, but it's encouraging that even you have that much trouble with a build.  ;)

Ettore_M

Hey Brian! I wish you the best results! I'm sure it's going to sound great! ;)

One question: What do you use to insulate the transistor pins? Is it heatshrink tube?   :-[
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

chromesphere

It looks like solid core wire insulation.  I read elsewhere, some people use it to insulate leads.  Which is something i never thought of doing before.
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

madbean

It's regular wire insulation. I have some teflon stuff but it is not as bendy.

bigmufffuzzwizz

I must agree board mounted pots are great until the drilled enclosure is slightly different, can be soo frustration. Reminds me of fumbling w/ BYOC kits in the beginning.
I hope one day to explore more in the world of germanium transistors. I have a few (that some friendly forum members donated) still yet to use them. Is this a Buzzaround clone?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

nzCdog