News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Re Heads Up

Started by K3yPr0gg3r, December 06, 2018, 09:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K3yPr0gg3r

Hi All,

Just a heads up...I think. I recently made a purchase for the vendor Silicon Ark. I like to use ME4003s in place of 5088s, but they are VERY hard to find. So, I found a bunch at Silicon Ark, as well as some gold plated SIP sockets, (snap-off). I placed the order on November 15th, and I've tried to connect with the site to check on my order status. There WAS a "site down for maintenance" message, but now the site is gone and I'm out $22+. Hope no one else got screwed!

EBRAddict

Call your credit card company, your bank or PayPal.

lars

Looks like their site is back up. Maybe they used your $22+ to hire some 8th grader to update their website? Sounds about right...and explains a lot. I do like that "ceramic capacitor" is singular. There is only one.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

EBRAddict

Quote from: lars on December 08, 2018, 04:37:14 PM
Maybe they used your $22+ to hire some 8th grader to update their website?

No, they hired the same people who designed the site https://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/

Many places were selling in catalogs and trade rags long before Marc Andreessen was a twinkle in his father's eye. They wouldn't front a bunch of money for a complete redesign of their sites--the web is just a fad, you know--and just "lift & shift" the content from print publication to the web.

K3yPr0gg3r

Thanks for the replies! Yes, it was a new site glitch. Got a message that my stuff is sitting in Customs now, but it's on the way. I usually limit my overseas purchases to vendors I trust, (Paul: DIY Guitar Pedals, Fuzz Dog PCBs, etc), but they are one of two places that carry the ME4004, and I love the sound!

Thanks again!!