News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

How to wire this DPDT switch?

Started by DLW, December 08, 2018, 06:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLW

I am getting ready to box a Deadastronaut Abductor Delay board, but I don't understand how to wire the DPDT. My first guess was to hook all three wires to one bank of the DPDT, but that faults the circuit.

The schematic is in the PDF here: https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects/abductor-delay-ii

P.S. The board works fine with a text box.

jimilee

Look up millennium bypass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

DLW

Thanks for the hint! There are three wires that come off of the "Footswitch" section on the board. I assume one of these wires is the "control" wire, based on the Millennium bypass. The other two could be +/- LED, i guess. That would be weird, considering there is a separate footswitch LED already wired separately.... so what are the other two wires, then?

Stomptown

Forget about the Millennium Bypass for this one. The video on his site indicates it is wired for tails (not true (or millennium) bypass). It looks like all you need to do is wire the in/out pads to the input/output jacks and footswitch pads go to one pole of the switch as you suspected.   The led is wired straight to the pcb and will not be connected to the switch.  Here is a gut shot for reference (Im pretty sure it's dead astronaut's build).