News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Naughty Fish stops working in Band Pass.

Started by dobo2001, December 23, 2018, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dobo2001

Title pretty much gives the gist; the pedal works perfectly in Low Pass and High Pass, but when Band Pass is selected, it stops working. I've audio probed it and the problem comes IC1-B, sound enters the chip as normal, but the exiting sound is virtually non-existent. This only happens in Band Pass, the IC functions normally in the other settings. The indicator/status LED at the top of the board is also always on, but dim, when it's in Band Pass. The only modification I've made is moving the Up/Down switch to an offboard footswitch. Any ideas of what it could be? Any help is appreciated!

Pics: https://imgur.com/a/wMEIiVA

madbean

Are you positive you've used an On/On/On switch? It should say so on the switch itself.

dobo2001

Quote from: madbean on December 23, 2018, 06:03:27 PM
Are you positive you've used an On/On/On switch? It should say so on the switch itself.

Yep, Taiway DPDT On-On-On from Smallbear. I'm thinking it's somewhere in power but all the voltages in the power circuit check out, it's just the voltages on the IC's which are wonky.

dobo2001

Quote from: madbean on December 23, 2018, 06:03:27 PM

For some reason the LT1054 isn't supplying the +/- 9V at pins 5 and 9, however, 9V seems to be reaching the IC just fine... I've tried replacing it but that did nothing. Maybe something is accidentally grounded and sucking away all the juice?