News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

LED to signal engagement

Started by Ekimneets, December 10, 2018, 12:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekimneets

Hey all,

I'm back with another question. I have looked on the web and searched the forum and cannot find satisfactory answer. I was wondering if someone might explain this to me.

'LED to signal engagement'

I would appreciate any help and I will try and get back on track posting my builds.

Have a great day.

-Mike
Legion of one at Black Octopus Pedalworx.

Scruffie

So you want an LED to flash as you play? For any purpose such as controlling a filter or to look pretty? What circuit are you looking at adding it too or is it a stand-alone project?
Works at Lectric-FX

EBK

In what context are you seeing this phrase?  It sounds like an envelope follower, but I only have four words to go on (or six, if you count LED as three words).
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Ekimneets

Thanks Scruffie.

EBK, someone was asking me about a pedal I made, a Klon clone, and was remarking that they noticed it didn't have 'LED to signal engagement'. I was a bit surprised to hear someone remark about a problem with an LED of all things, but I wanted to know precisely what was meant before I opened my big mouth.

-Mike

EBK

Hmm.  That sounds like they are saying there is no status LED that lights up to show you that the effect is on.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Ekimneets

But there is, it's one of those LED footswitches. Maybe they didn't notice or something.

-mike

Bio77

I remember you posted having some trouble with those LED foot switches.  Maybe it failed?

madbean

'LED to signal engagement' is fancy talk for "light don't work" I think.

Ekimneets

No, this was a demo, it's just not very visible. Thanks for all the help. Hopefully I'll be posting some builds soo-Mike