Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pedal Beer

Started by 401waterman, October 18, 2011, 10:10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smeero

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: TNblueshawk on December 05, 2011, 01:47:31 PM
Coooooool. Love the steam idea. Has to be a time saver.

Of course bottling is an art unto itself too. The batch can get contaminated during that process too while the surgars work to carbonate.

I assume he is making 5 gallon batches at a time?

I totally missed your response! Being meticulous about sanitation is key, but less crucial with extract compared to all-grain. When doing my first batch I made sure to pay attention to cleanliness but it wasn't the total focus. If the bottles are sanitized, the siphon and primary bucket when mixing the sugars w/ fermented wort, you should be all good! The guy we watched does 25 gallon batches! It's a lot more than we did on our stove-top, that's for sure.

Can't wait until we bottle it!

Smeero - Alesmith is a great company! Just stopped by their brewery in San Diego about 2 weeks ago. That Wee Heavy is one intense scotch ale huh? Gotta try Speedway Stout if you haven't yet..make a float with it, you'll be glad you did!  ;D
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

TNblueshawk

Mmmmmmmm......yuuuuummmmmm

25 freakin' gallons at a time for the win !
John

GermanCdn

I stay away from alcohol while I'm building, as I don't need anymore help obtaining new soldering iron scars, so I stick with the Earl Grey.

For celebrating a successful build - either Paulaner Hefeweiser or Beck's.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

DutchMF

Man, I can't believe I missed this thread before! Combines my oldest hobby (drinking beer) with my newest (building pedals)!!! Being in Holland, I'm close to Belgium, which has some of the best beer in the world. Haven't combined the two hobby's yet, though it might steady my soldering hand :)

Favorite Belgian Beers: Duvel, Orval and La Chouffe, look em up, they're great!!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

bigmufffuzzwizz

Europe has some truly amazing brewers. Mikkeler, De Molen, Haandbryggeriet, Emelisse and of course Cantillion, De Proof, Affligem...It never ends!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

alanp

Okay, so this was the second thread on searching Open Disc. for "beer".

3secondrule, Cooder, I'll need your input on this.

New Zealand brewed pilsener is VERY hoppy, very bitter.

European brewed pilsener is VERY smooth, very drinkable, but not what you'd call light.

Thoughts?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

the3secondrule

Quote from: alanp on December 05, 2014, 10:51:22 PM
Okay, so this was the second thread on searching Open Disc. for "beer".

3secondrule, Cooder, I'll need your input on this.

New Zealand brewed pilsener is VERY hoppy, very bitter.

European brewed pilsener is VERY smooth, very drinkable, but not what you'd call light.

Thoughts?

Agreed, i've got a reasonably "hoppy" palate, but there is a tendency for NZ craft pilseners to go overboard on the hops. I prefer IPA's these days (and APA's) for a good dose of hops with a bit more depth of flavour.

garage projects "pernicious weed" is one that was too much for me whereas the emersons/tuatara/epic pilsners are a bit more balanced.
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"