News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anybody looking for occasional requests to make a one-off custom build for hire?

Started by mauman, July 05, 2023, 05:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauman

I've retired from building for hire, but I still get a query every month or two from someone looking for a custom pedal.  If you're an experienced builder (IDK, maybe >10 completed?) and you're interested in getting mostly US-based referrals for one-of-a-kind work, PM me and we can talk.  Sometimes it's a straight clone with custom graphics, sometimes it's a start-from-scratch and design your own vero or PCB.  The last two queries were for a DOD FX76 Punkifier (clone) and an Alembic SF-2 (scratch.)  You can get a feel for the kind of effort that might be involved (scope, variety, historical price range, etc) here:  https://reverb.com/shop/mikescustompedals?query=custom&show_only_sold=true .  Thanks, Mike

LaceSensor

Im not the person youre after but those are some nice looking COB clones
Are you able to share any details on that?

Cheers

mauman

Sure, let me dig out the files and I'll make a posting on Member Projects.  They were hot sellers during the years Prescription Electronics was closed.

Willybomb

I'm around 100 completed and happy to do custom builds, but I'm in Australia.

mauman

Thanks Willy, you've got dibs on any queries I get from your hemisphere!  I've shipped a few from US to Australia, and the postage costs and transit times make me sad.