News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD - Godin Multiac ACS Nylon

Started by gordo, July 11, 2023, 04:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

I've lusted after one of these for ever and even given the fact that you can get them used all day for about $1200 I've played a bunch of them and never really bonded.  Godins are crazy consistent but I've played ones that just didn't speak and a few that did.  This one did and it also needed my help.  It had been dropped so it had a few dings and scratches but the neck took a beating from the impact and tore the front two neck screws out.  It didn't feel bad but when I backed them out they turned about a 1/4 turn and then were mush.

Call me kooky but it felt good to give it the TLC it needed.  Drilled out the front holes and glued in some maple rods.  Re-drilled it and it's likely better now than factory (it's a mahogany neck).  Electronics needed a little cleaning (it has an RMC preamp and 13 pin Roland synth interface) and the LR Baggs piezo's (6 individual) were clean and worked well.  A few hours of work and the result is just a total joy to play.

It's also a bit of an oddball with a black painted sides and back and while most have richlite fingerboards this appears to have ebony.

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jwin615

Awesome! And good job!
Now you just need to build you a breakout box for that Roland cable and process the upper and lower strings independently. :)

jimilee

Oh man, that's amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

gordo

Oh shit I hadn't thought of separate outs...
Gordy Power

jwin615

Quote from: gordo on July 11, 2023, 06:54:08 PM
Oh shit I hadn't thought of separate outs...
Good luck getting to sleep tonight! ;)
I've heard someone put a fuzz(don't remember what) on every string and the articulation of the notes is unlike any fuzzes guitar I'd ever heard. Can't remember if it was a forum or YT or ...  I feel like it was on an early aughts blog. Any way, I'll dig through the bookmarks

gordo

Just goofin and towards the end it glitches into some sort of stereo but kind of a cool sound thru the synth interface.  Cheezy synth sound but I built the Alan P Ambika so much more to come.

https://soundcloud.com/gordoamps/godin-demo?si=a30972ab67da40ab9219af67807a1c5b&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing
Gordy Power

gordo

Gordy Power