News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Honeybee - Yellowshark

Started by chromesphere, October 19, 2011, 05:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

That bee picture cracks me up...look at the expression on that little bastards face...

Not convinced about the yellow knobs from mammoth.  A little annoyed actually, they are sort of a flouro yellow in person / dont look the same as the picture...Diffuse LED with this one as well, like the boneyard.

Of the 30-40 builds i have built so far, this has to be one of my favourite low gain pedals.  Its really well balance and has a unique sound.  Definitely recommend it if your after a low gain overdrive, its great!

Thanks for looking and thanks to madbean for taking the time to share all these great builds!
Paul.

Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

TNblueshawk

Looks great and +1 for the bee look. The "I just got goosed" look is always a good one  :)

I don't know, I sort of dig the yellow myself. I think it goes good with the white pedal. Can't comment on the pic though. I got some pretty bright knobs and I'm trying to find the right pedal to put them on. I may go white after seeing yours and use them.
John

jimmybjj

Looks great! I have a particular affinity honeybee's :)
Pcbs no longer available

jtn191

sweet build and pedal!

you never know, it may grow on you. I think it looks great. What kind of decals you using?

masterlk

Really great looking pedal. Nice graphics. I like the knob color too!

keysandguitars

That's a great looking graphic and design. The knobs don't look fluorescent like you say, the photo looks great. If I order more knobs from small bear, I'll order three yellows and send them your way.
I should still be a "diode destroyer"!

nzCdog

bigmufffuzzwizz

That is a funny expression  :D
I'm stoked you etch all these that you've posted so far..is the whole "series" etched? I remember you were counting....
I think the yellow knobs look alright, kinda bright and your saying even brighter in person. For some reason I think orange knobs would look really good..
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

chromesphere

Cheers guys,
It kind of is a bit brighter in person, i actually think it looks pretty good in that photo as well.  I'm really happy with the graphics on this one.  Didnt take too long and turned out nice i think.

bigmufffuzzwizz, yeah i etch them all myself.  We used to use Ferric Chloride at school, all those years ago, but this new ammonium persulphate stuff is just so easy to use:
http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=NC4254&keywords=ammonium&form=KEYWORD
I honestly dont know if i would have even started in DIYSB'ing if i hadnt of found this stuff.

I set out to do a 'bulk' build of about 12-13 pedals a good...6 months ago approx.  Futurlec stuffed me around from a great height, had some really complicated and bad stuff happen with an order, and it was delayed for....THREE MONTHS.  Come on, thats got to be a record?  Do i get a prize or something? :) That list of builds has kind of been shaved down to 10.  One of them was a noise ensemble that was just unsafe to use.  I might work on it later and tweak it, but its a bit of a novelty.  The other was the tube / overdrive project on DIYSB.  I still want to do it, but im leaving it off for now.  Yeah, so the number keeps changing lol.  I'm up to 5 of 10 now approx.  Still got an aristocrat, zombii, uproar, one knob fuzz, and centaur to box up.  The effects boards are mostly done, just need to box them up.  And find a new shelf to put them all on  :-\

Paul

keysandguitars

If you can't find space on a shelf, I've got plenty of room on my floor. ;)

Did you draw the bee graphic, or find it on the web?
I should still be a "diode destroyer"!

gtr2

Great graphic on this bad boy!  I luv the bee.
Really nice build!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

chromesphere

Thanks GTR2

lol.  Yeah building pedals is easy.  Finding somewhere to PUT THEM!!!  Its challenging...

Bee graphics were from google image search but i edited the picture a fair bit in Fireworks from memory...

marmaliser

Nice Build :) and love the Bee.

At first I liked the yellow knobs and then it started to remind me of Joyo / freekish pedals

chromesphere

Sorry to rez my own build report here, just wanted to add a sound clip i quickly recorded today while playing the honeybee.  Its a fanastic low gain pedal and it loves the bridge pick up.  Bags of character.

Sorry for the rough recording:

www.chromesphere.com/x/pedal/honeybee.mp3

Paul