News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2018 by the numbers, plans for 2019.

Started by jjjimi84, January 04, 2019, 04:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

Looking back on 2018 has been fun, 12 years of building my own gear and this is the first year I actually documented my progress.

The numbers;

56 pedals built
45 left to build
23 painted
16 old builds painted
68 left to paint
6 ideas for said pedals to paint.....
15 pedals involved in demos
3 more involved in current demo, should be out before January 15th.
120 posts on this forum
1 new soldering iron (Hakko FX888D)
First Breadboard setup from PedalPCB.com
Jazzmaster built
One promise to my wife that it is the last guitar.
Started an instagram account, not a fan of social media but trying.
Two shelves built to house pedals with more coming.

I made a New Years resolution for 2018 that was to play and write more, to try and be more active on this forum and start doing demos of DIY builds. I somewhat accomplished that, and would like to keep going in that direction.

All in all I learned a ton, had a shitload of fun and spent waaayyy too much money. Of course if my wife asks I tell her "ehhhh, ahhh, what are you talking about".

I feel very fortunate and lucky that I am able to do this and want to thank everyone here who has helped me, answer stupid questions or commented on builds, I really appreciate it.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Dan

cooder

Awesome Dan, well done!
A year of full filled building and I'm sure with your energy you are doing lots of other fullfilling things outside of building too.

And you do have a streak towards accountancy... ;)
BigNoise Amplification

dan.schumaker

Its always nice to look at where you have been. 

I've kept a log of my builds since 2015, and this was the first year that I have gotten pictures of all of them (2018 is here if anyone is interested:  https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcof4Mn).  My year finished at 69 pedals and 2 amps.

This next year is planned for more 1590A builds, more new board designs, another amp or two, and hopefully a website.

Here is to a good 2019 for all of us!

cooder

There's a wicked amount of great work there between the two of you...!
You guys are pumpin' on all cylinders... 8)
And yes horray for more creative building coming up in 2019!
BigNoise Amplification

jjjimi84

Dan, I follow your work like a hawk. I cannot believe how you can crank out 1590a builds like that and not want to pull your hair out. Seriously great work.

I have parts coming today for the beef and lone wolf boards I got from you. Going to put them into a 1590BB with a order switch, thought I was all creative until I found this guy;

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PaisleyDriveDLX--wampler-paisley-drive-deluxe-overdrive-pedal?mrkgcl=28&mrkgadid=1669475631&rkg_id=0&campaigntype=dsa&campaign=aaDSA&adgroup=1669475631:DSA%20-%20Product%20-%20Guitar&placement=google&adpos=1t1&creative=322001011827&device=c&matchtype=b&network=g&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuLyhmcHc3wIVjrrACh3EPA7nEAAYASAAEgLYivD_BwE

Cooder your amp builds are sick, I hope to be able to be able to build some head cabinets soon.

Heres to 2019!

dan.schumaker

Quote from: jjjimi84 on January 07, 2019, 08:31:05 PM

I have parts coming today for the beef and lone wolf boards I got from you. Going to put them into a 1590BB with a order switch, thought I was all creative until I found this guy;

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PaisleyDriveDLX--wampler-paisley-drive-deluxe-overdrive-pedal?mrkgcl=28&mrkgadid=1669475631&rkg_id=0&campaigntype=dsa&campaign=aaDSA&adgroup=1669475631:DSA%20-%20Product%20-%20Guitar&placement=google&adpos=1t1&creative=322001011827&device=c&matchtype=b&network=g&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuLyhmcHc3wIVjrrACh3EPA7nEAAYASAAEgLYivD_BwE

That was the original plan when making both the Beef and Lone Wolf.  When I did my layout, I found that it would be really tight in a 1590BB, and that I would run out of some room vertically for the switches.  I would think it would fit better in a 1590U or 1790NS, but I want to see what you come up with!  (Don't take this as me pooping on your parade, I want you to prove me wrong, so I can try it  ;) )

jjjimi84

Funny enough I just got my 1590bb in and was staring at it, its going to be crazy tight.