News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I have finally revamped my personal web site...

Started by culturejam, January 08, 2019, 08:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

www.forrestwhitesides.com

I have a ton of content to repost still, and the focus (har-har) is now as much on photography as it is effects projects, but it's got enough stuff in place that it's ready for prime time.

I have a backlog of another 10 or so effects projects I plan to post in the next 7-10 days. But if there are ones that any of you want to see that I did in the past, let me know and I'll make it a priority. All of my effects projects will now include Eagle files to make it easier for folks to get started on doing their own tweaks.

I'll also be adding other DIY content, such as my forays into cheap laser engraves, 3D printing, and the like.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

mjg

Nice website, it looks clean and easy to read. 

I'd like to see Dumpster 26 featured on a pedal.   ;D

cooder

Looking great thanks for sharing!
Great photography too, like the River Styx Bridge and Liquor Factory.
BigNoise Amplification

selfdestroyer

Awesome stuff.. I'm loving your film stuff. That reminds me, I need to go through storage and see what other film bodies I have packed away.

culturejam

Thanks, guys!

I have more photos to post as well. Got a bit of a backlog. I might do several in one big go as a gallery post to save some time.

jkokura

Nice Forrest! We should chat sometime about photo stuff. I'm getting back into artistic picture taking. Last time I really was into it was before DSLRs were a thing, so me getting one during Boxing Week has led me to watching numerous Lens reviews.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

dont-tase-me-bro

Looks like you might be in jersey.  There's a place in PA called rickets Glenn about two hours away, filled with waterfalls.  I went there with a 10 stop ND filter and got some cool pictures.  I am a photo noob, so the easy trick shots keep me amused until I get the hang of it more.  Rickets Glen can get crowded though, which is annoying with a tripod and long exposure
I thought this would save me money.

culturejam

Quote from: dont-tase-me-bro on January 09, 2019, 06:16:38 PM
so the easy trick shots keep me amused until I get the hang of it more. 

If you like trick shots, give this type a try (and if you need some input on how to set it up, I'm happy to help):

jkokura

How'd you get Kevin Smith to be in your pictures?

Jacob

... ;)

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

matmosphere

Quote from: jkokura on January 10, 2019, 03:03:51 PM

Jacob

It's Kevin Smith meets The Parent Trap

... ;)

culturejam

Quote from: jkokura on January 10, 2019, 03:03:51 PM

I get that ALL the time. Back in college, I had hair down past my shoulders and I always wore a NJ Devils cap backwards (even though I grew up in NC), and I swear at least a couple times a week somebody would make a Silent Bob reference.

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

culturejam

Quote from: jubal81 on January 10, 2019, 09:11:09 PM
Simple and clean, but needs moar beer.

I got some legacy homebrew content I can repost. And I still have ALL of my gear. Shit, I have a huge bin of Maris Otter from 2004 still in the garage.

storyboardist

Guy behind Effects Layouts

jubal81

Quote from: culturejam on January 10, 2019, 09:19:06 PM
Quote from: jubal81 on January 10, 2019, 09:11:09 PM
Simple and clean, but needs moar beer.

I got some legacy homebrew content I can repost. And I still have ALL of my gear. Shit, I have a huge bin of Maris Otter from 2004 still in the garage.

I'd like to see it. Been doing some research on it, but I think it's a hobby for after we buy the house. Looks like fun.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair