News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

SMD Submini Tube Builds

Started by DLW, January 16, 2019, 11:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLW

Here are a couple pedals that I recently finished. Boards are from Sushi Box FX. This is my first go at SMD. I gotta say that it's much easier to work with SMD than I originally thought. Actually, it might be easier than through hole...The "Dirt Button" is a submini (6N21B) tube overdrive with baxandall tone stack. I got distracted and the etch went a little longer that I would've liked 😐. The "Black Eye" is a dual submini tube drive (also 6N21B) based on a Soldano Supercharger GTO.

Big shout out to Nathan at Sushi Box FX for designing  these cool boards and helping figure out to how to use the Russian tubes I ordered by accident.

Dirt Button (Right), Black Eye (Left)

Dirt Button gut shot

Black Eye gut shot

cooder

Very cool indeed, great builds and lovely etches too!
How do you like the sounds you get?
BigNoise Amplification

temol

Hi DLW,

can you record some samples? I also have these boards, but I have to buy a set of mini tubes first

T.

Mich P

Willybomb

alanp

If you hadn't told us they had valves in them, I wouldn't have known! :)

Very clean!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

DLW

Thanks for the kind words fellas. Sorry to disappoint- No sound clips at the moment. I don't have a good recording set up which is further compounded by my lackluster guitar skills. Nathan (Sushi Box) has a video of the Dirt Button on Youtube... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBOuUxLA1YM

I will ask a friend to help make a video of the Black Eye. Of the these two pedals, I like the Black Eye the best.

Stay tuned...