Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Space Race

Started by Leevibe, January 19, 2019, 11:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lrgaraujo

Amazing build and a really fun to read build report

Bio77

Thanks for detailing the build.  I really enjoyed reading about it.  It's amazing.

TGP39

What?  What happened?   I fainted. 
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

Leevibe

Thanks so much you guys. I really appreciate it.

Quote from: cooder on January 19, 2019, 11:33:42 PM
What a fantastic mission! Great to see all those amazing steps documented and how it came together.
Genius and way wicked sense of detail!

And I'm sure the original space crafts had some cat hair in it as well, somewhere.

Cat hair goes everywhere. Just ask my dog.

Thanks Stephan. I very much appreciate the kudos coming from a guy who builds the kind of stuff you do!

Quote from: alanp on January 20, 2019, 12:18:51 AM
This is going to sound stupid, but the lacing is what really drove this over the top, for me :)

I'm actually a little surprised at how well that part came out. I wasn't sure if I could pull it off. If you ever are inclined to give it a try, here are some really good instructions and drawings per the US Navy:
http://www.dairiki.org/hammond/cable-lacing-howto/

Quote from: LaceSensor on January 20, 2019, 04:43:08 AM
what does the toggle and the slide switch control ?

Um... yeah. Kind of weird that I wrote such a huge report and didn't mention what the controls do. The slide pot controls the rate of the chorus. The LED in it pulses with the rate. The switch goes between chorus and vibrato modes and it causes the corresponding indicator light boxes to light up. You can see/hear it in my BOTY post. The other knobs on the chorus side are depth and effect level.

Quote from: Willybomb on January 20, 2019, 04:53:35 AM
I use the wash and drybrushing techniques with my model kits - drybrushing in particular I really enjoy, but it never occurred to me to use it as part of a pedal finish.

It was fun to discover and really surprising to see the effects. I hope to do a steampunk design some time. If I do, I'm sure I'll use these techniques again. By the way, do you have any links or pics of your models? I would love to check that out.

Quote from: m-Kresol on January 20, 2019, 05:58:55 AM
the amount of effort that went it to the small details is amazing. Crazy how much thought went into it.
Kudos!

Thanks Felix. I will admit that I spend way more time thinking and imagining builds than I do actually executing the ideas. Maybe that's why I build so few pedals! Hopefully 2019 will be better.

Quote from: davent on January 20, 2019, 09:02:42 AM
Lee I have no words that could ever do it justice. I'm totally awestruck! Thanks for sharing with us mere mortals.
dave

Thanks Dave. But come now. We've seen your work. You're an artistic juggernaut in my mind.

Quote from: Bio77 on January 21, 2019, 10:08:10 AM
Thanks for detailing the build.  I really enjoyed reading about it.  It's amazing.

Thanks for the feedback. It's hard for me to know how much info people want. I know I tend to just look at pictures and don't always read huge blocks of text. Ironic!

peAk

Man, Lee.

My favorite build of yours, hands down. That's saying a lot, too...because I love all of your builds.

Possibly my favorite pedal build I have ever seen.

Stomptown

Just mind blowing Lee!  I'm always amazed with your ability to think outside the box and create these masterpieces. So freaking cool... 😎

Dminner

WOW. That is unbelievable.

Leevibe

Quote from: Dminner on January 22, 2019, 12:19:51 PM
WOW. That is unbelievable.

Thanks man. This is in part inspired by some of the stuff I've seen from guys like you and glops. It was in my early thinking to do a space junk kind of look with painted reverse etch but then it turned in a more literal direction. Still, I love your stuff.

glops

Man, that an one epic build and an epic build report. WTF! Absolutely love it!!!

Leevibe

Quote from: glops on January 22, 2019, 01:47:49 PM
Man, that an one epic build and an epic build report. WTF! Absolutely love it!!!

Thanks. And thanks for the inspiring stuff you've posted here.

AlBDarned

Now that's impressive, absolutely stellar build!

glops

Hey, thank you!

Quote from: Leevibe on January 22, 2019, 04:31:52 PM
Quote from: glops on January 22, 2019, 01:47:49 PM

Thanks. And thanks for the inspiring stuff you've posted here.

Bret608

This is just such a one-of-a-kind work of art! From imagination to execution, truly first-rate all around. I think you have nailed the space race theme even better than a certain PDX-based pedal company...  ;)

Leevibe

Quote from: Bret608 on January 24, 2019, 10:48:03 AM
This is just such a one-of-a-kind work of art! From imagination to execution, truly first-rate all around. I think you have nailed the space race theme even better than a certain PDX-based pedal company...  ;)

Funny you should mention that! I was unaware that there was a pedal by that name until recently, when the guy I did the build for showed me. Haha. We came up with the name a couple years ago when this whole mad thing started.

lars

With previous builds you have already set and raised the bar. With this one, I'm not sure what to say you've done with the bar...launched it into orbit?
Amazing.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....