News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

EHX Attack Decay

Started by Scruffie, January 22, 2019, 01:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scruffie

Took them long enough, doesn't seem like it's really going to be much the same as the original though.
Works at Lectric-FX

zombie_rock123

... I really don't like the artwork. Looks a bit Black & Decker. Definitely waiting on the next 'Bean batch.

I have wondered how presets work, since seeing Mr Black has started including them. I get that you can read a pots resistance with a microcontroller but how would you then output resistance without using digipots?  ???
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

Scruffie

Quote from: zombie_rock123 on January 22, 2019, 01:22:45 PM
... I really don't like the artwork. Looks a bit Black & Decker.
I was pleased they rolled back on some of the more... adventurous designs they've done (the blurst comes to mind) but now you've said that I'm never unseeing it.

I don't know if it's their demos or changing from the blackfin chips but I've found most of their recent output to sound completely lifeless, assuming this is digital, I think I'll stick with a bean board too.
Works at Lectric-FX

zombie_rock123

Yeah definitely feeling the lifeless from their offerings of late. I guess that's fine when it's for the loopers they brought out but falls short when you're trying to simulate yesteryear.

This one was a bit left field. The Muffs I understand but this seems a bit niche to bring the numbers if that's what their aiming for.
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

ahiddentableau

That's classic!  And unfortunately true.

matmosphere

Quote from: Scruffie on January 22, 2019, 01:29:19 PM
I was pleased they rolled back on some of the more... adventurous designs they've done (the blurst comes to mind) but now you've said that I'm never unseeing it.

I don't know if it's their demos or changing from the blackfin chips but I've found most of their recent output to sound completely lifeless, assuming this is digital, I think I'll stick with a bean board too.

Blurst? I must have missed that one.

Looking at the original artwork from the seventies I get why they used this design, but I think the original looked kinda blah, and this perhaps more so. I think it would look better if the black and red fields were switched.

I think the new bass mono synth pedal sounds okay from what i've seen so far, but it seems to be a bass application of whatever they are using in the b9, c9, mel9 ect.. and those all sound great. Despite the Synth9 being incredibly cheesy.

Scruffie

There's a guitar version of the mono synth coming out too, I don't see why if they're directly tied to the '9' series they would make it monophonic when they have the technology to have it poly so there's gotta be some difference. Although it is much cheaper so perhaps it's just using lower processing power and a similar concept to produce a more affordable variant.

This was the delight in art direction that was the blurst.

While this might not be lovely, I'd much rather they took a step back in the old art direction in general than the more divisive modern attempts so I'll take it.
Works at Lectric-FX

alanp

Haven't seen that before, but at least it looks like someone had fun doing the art.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Aentons

The Canyon/Grand Canyon, Crayon, and Hot Wax are all the worst of their artwork IMO.... have to avert my eyes

matmosphere

I hadn't seen the price of the bass mono synth. I have to say it's kind of appealing at that price, but I want to see how it sounds in person.

I wonder if the mono thing is due to low frequencies with a five string bass.

Scruffie

Quote from: Matmosphere on January 23, 2019, 08:15:24 AM
I wonder if the mono thing is due to low frequencies with a five string bass.
I originally thought the same, I know the 9 series aren't meant to work particularly well on bass but the guitar version also being called 'mono' throws that theory out the window.

Quote from: Aentons on January 23, 2019, 07:58:39 AM
The Canyon/Grand Canyon, Crayon, and Hot Wax are all the worst of their artwork IMO.... have to avert my eyes
I didn't mind the Hot Wax too much (not that I loved it or anything) but the Canyon pedals are just horrible to the point of looking like a children's toy and I'm not particularly fussy about pedal aesthetics for the most part.
Works at Lectric-FX

matmosphere

Maybe they kept it mono because monosynths are their own thing. When I think monosynth I think fat, deep, bass sounds.