News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Leslie speaker

Started by TNblueshawk, January 29, 2019, 12:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thesmokingman

while we're talking hammond organ hacks (if you're like me, you knew where to get an older organ/speaker on the cheap) there's also the tone cabinet reverb(not seen a guitar convert yet but I'm thinking about it), the mechanical vibrato system( I want to say someone out there is selling this as a standalone guitar fx unit), and  of course the amplifier itself (ao-35, ao-29, ao-44) that make good low wattage guitar amps
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

timbo_93631

Quote from: TNblueshawk on January 30, 2019, 06:36:24 AM
Quote from: timbo_93631 on January 29, 2019, 09:34:18 PM
I'm pretty sure I have one in a box in the garage pulled from a Thomas organ, IIRC I have the rotating baffle, the speaker baffle, motor etc.

Hmmmm...scratches chin  :D Any thoughts on selling all that stuff?

Great info guys. I've just begun thinking about this and I did intend to hack it up from nothing or rather gather up the pieces etc... Why I'm doing this I don't know given I just play at home. I guess for the same reason I have 80 pedals and more amps than I need. I'm still in the do I want to do this stage. I love wood working and would enjoy making the cabinet as well.

I can dig them out and pm you some pics.  I have at least one hammond amp chassis out there too.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

TNblueshawk

Quote from: timbo_93631 on February 02, 2019, 12:43:13 PM
Quote from: TNblueshawk on January 30, 2019, 06:36:24 AM
I'm pretty sure I have one in a box in the garage pulled from a Thomas organ, IIRC I have the rotating baffle, the speaker baffle, motor etc.

Hmmmm...scratches chin  :D Any thoughts on selling all that stuff?

Great info guys. I've just begun thinking about this and I did intend to hack it up from nothing or rather gather up the pieces etc... Why I'm doing this I don't know given I just play at home. I guess for the same reason I have 80 pedals and more amps than I need. I'm still in the do I want to do this stage. I love wood working and would enjoy making the cabinet as well.

I can dig them out and pm you some pics.  I have at least one hammond amp chassis out there too.

Let me compile a bunch of stuff in the coming weeks and see where I land and what I'm willing to dive into. Spring is a few months off and I'd love to be in the middle of a project. Thanks Timbo I'll hit you back if I'm all in on this project.
John

TNblueshawk

Hey Timbo, I've been doing some research on this and might dive in, maybe. How much trouble would it be for you to check to see what you might have in the box? I'm trying to get an idea of what it might cost me to gather up parts from here, there and everywhere. The wife will ask and I must be ready!  :P

Of course this is all assuming you might want to part with any of it. No worries if you don't naturally.
John