News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

EMS synthi Hi-Fli repair

Started by bsoncini, February 03, 2019, 11:35:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

Imma need one of these! Got something cookin' right now but this looks like the next challenge to build  8)

PMowdes2

DeadEndFX

Govmnt_Lacky

Is that a PS/2 cable I see there??  ???

jaidee

Amazing!!!

When will these be available??

PMowdes2

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on April 28, 2019, 11:06:23 AM
Is that a PS/2 cable I see there??  ???

I dont know exactly what he used Greg, i think it's a 5-pin DIN though
DeadEndFX

digi2t

deleted

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: digi2t on April 28, 2019, 02:46:04 PM
8 pin mini DIN. You need 7 wires between the two.

Technically, you could use the 8th for the output and stick that jack down with the inputs on the pedals. That would further free up the main unit to sit on a stand or table.

The jacks come with 100mm of leads already on them, so makes the work easier. Available at Mouser. Part number will be in the build doc.

Gotcha!

Please.. please.. please tell me that the pots needed in the treadles are 10K Linear!  8)

peAk

digi2t

deleted

Govmnt_Lacky

SWEET!! I have 2 that are geared up and ready to go for this!

digi2t

deleted

Govmnt_Lacky

gabrielnbr

Hello,

signed to the forum just to congratulate everyone involved in the process!
I am on position #30 for the Digitana Reissue - and there goes almost 9 years in the process.
For sure I am up for some PCBs (my father already told me he wants me to build one for him too).

Have some questions too.

1. Is there any reason for using mixed LM13700 and 3080 instead leaving half LM13700 disconnected?
2. Since the output is already on the main enclosure, would be a bad idea to enclose the preamp there too? Leaving only the CV circuit on the pedals. This way it could be built like a standalone box if you do not want the CV pedal for making changes on the fly.

Congrats again, the work is really incredible .

PMowdes2

All parts of the LM13700's are used.  The original unit used 3080's

The only place we used a 3080 was where we had a stray single and I didn't want redundant pins by using a 13700.

The preamp is in the pedal on the original, we wanted to keep it as close to original spec as we could, also there isn't much spare room on either of the large pcbs so it made sense.
DeadEndFX

digi2t

deleted