News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Relay help

Started by stevie1556, February 04, 2019, 04:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevie1556

I've got 2 Alpha Dog boards sitting here for the last few months and I'm finally getting the parts ready to build them up (along with some others that I've just ordered). I think I've found the relay that I need from one of the local companies that I order from, but I'd just like someone to confirm that it's the right one. It's this one here https://www.rapidonline.com/panasonic-tq2-5-low-profile-dpco-1a-5v-coil-relay-60-4245

fair.child

It looks good. I haven't checked the data sheet yet but it looks fine. You should be able to use that relay

stevie1556

Cheers for the reply. I ended up using the pre-made parts list from Mouser for now. I plan on building a lot more of these projects so I'll go through the data sheets for the relays soon to see if they would work. My datasheet knowledge is limited to the front page when I need to know the pin outs when making SMD parts in Eagle!

fair.child

Not sure with what you mean with SMD parts  :o but good luck building the Alpha Dog

stevie1556

I use the Madbean Eagle CAD libraries, but when I do SMD boards I need to create my own transistor parts and that. I use the data sheets for the pinouts but that's about all I know of datasheets.

Thanks again, fingers crossed the builds go well. I've ordered a few other VFE boards as well. My biggest concern is drilling the enclosures correctly, unfortunately being in the UK the pre-drilled enclosures that PPP do can't be justified because of the shipping costs. I've recently started printing a drilling template using OHP transparancy sheets with so rather good results so far. It just means started a drilling template from scratch and taking measurements from Beans template. I'll do a little tutorial on it soon as it seems a fairly accurate way of drilling enclosures.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk