News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Maestro PS-1A

Started by DLW, February 05, 2019, 11:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLW

The original PS-1A is the size of a suitcase and there are single-sided etch able versions that are not much smaller. I was coveting alanp's pedals on his website and saw he made a small board. He was gracious enough to sell me a board. He was also patient when dealing with my dumb questions about the switching. Thanks, alanp!! It fit without any fuss into a 1590BB. Not bad. The fast and slow phase settings sound really good. The medium has this weird asymmetric phase blip thingy. I tried to match JFETs (8x2n5457 :o), but I must've been a bit off. Oh well, I love it nonetheless!

Here it is...

alanp

8)

Good stuff! (I don't have any boards left now, btw.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

matmosphere

Very cool. This is one of those builds I've aleays been interested in.

Yours looks great. Like the artwok. Looks like it was a production one.

Quote from: alanp on February 05, 2019, 11:27:48 PM
8)

Good stuff! (I don't have any boards left now, btw.)

Didn't realize you were the source of the boards. I thought it was a couple of the grind customs guys.

If you ever get any more I'd probably take one off your hands.

gordo

That looks excellent and a nice take on the original.  The switches on those were not much smaller than a 1590A :-)
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

You can never go wrong with a phaser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

diablochris6

Nice and classy. Great job!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

cooder

Awesome sauce! One of those classic and unique circuits...!
BigNoise Amplification

Bret608

It is indeed! I've been lucky enough to hear an original on more than one occasion and they are really cool. A friend of mine would even use one onstage, being really careful when stepping on those odd paddle switches. He did not do so for very long! Also, Lee Ranaldo was using one quite a bit in the mid '90s. Got to see him work it quite up close during a small side project gig when I lived in NYC.