News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Looking for help with an actual vintage EHX Memory Man

Started by Rockhorst, February 10, 2019, 03:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scruffie

Same group of units, different listing heading.

Look at the 3rd image, it has the datasheet for the various options.

The Maplin ones were 45mm and they didn't perfectly line up so measure the mounting holes on your units, the difference could be a bit smaller or larger.
Works at Lectric-FX

Rockhorst

Ordered, I'll be back here in about three weeks I suppose ;)
Thanks for all the help Scruffie!

Rockhorst

I got the 15V and 18V transformers in the mail past wednesday. The eyelets on both are much wider than the datasheet had me suspect, so both would've been a good fit. I installed the 18V transformer and the Memory Man is working fine. Thanks to Scruffie! Only thing left to do is get two nuts and bolts to mount the transformer and it's good to go.

Scruffie

;D Glad I could bring some EHX back to proper standing.

But I will say one thing, 18V? Are your power filtering caps rated for that? (With both sides in use that'll be something like ~+30V in practice) I thought you were going to get either the 12 or 15V.

Glad to find another supplier of suitable transformers and thanks for being a guinea pig ;) I'll have to grab some spares.
Works at Lectric-FX

Rockhorst

One cap is rated at 50V and measures 26V across the terminals, the other one is rated at 25V and measures 15V across the terminals. So that should be all within safe limits although there's probably some unnecessary heat dissipation. Would you advise to swap it for the 15V?

Scruffie

Works at Lectric-FX