News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NFCFMD (New, Fingers Crossed, Free Mixer Day)

Started by EBK, February 12, 2019, 07:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBK

My wife is part of a "Buy Nothing" group where members post various things that they are trying to get rid of and other members can go pick up the item for free (kind of like Freecycle).  Up until now, the most valuable thing we've grabbed has been our new dining room table.

But, today, my wife tells me that someone is giving away two Peavey PV 5300 200W mixers in good working condition.  As I do not presently own a mixer, I'm hoping to snag one of them.  I don't even care if it is any good at this price.   8)

There may have already been a claim on these, but we'll see....
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

peAk

mjg

Nice!

My partner is on one of those groups too.  The best thing we got is a bike computer, and we gave away some cake tins shaped like dinosaurs.   ;D

EBK

My wife reports to me that she won one of the mixers for me!  (The items don't necessarily go to the first to claim it; the owner can pick at random, pick based on some criteria they choose, or they can make it a game, much like the PIF party here)

She did ask me why I am so excited though.   ;D

Will post a pic once it is officially in my possession. 
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

m-Kresol

Am I the only one that read the thread subject and thought "why is he talking about this?"

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

EBK

Muadzin

Quote from: m-Kresol on February 13, 2019, 10:22:02 AM
Am I the only one that read the thread subject and thought "why is he talking about this?"

Yes, you are the only one.  ;D

EBK

peAk

selfdestroyer

mjg

Awesome.  Just remember to make your wife some cupcakes with it, as a thank you. 

Leevibe

Nice score! I'd be tempted to rack the mixer and use the cabinet as a head shell for an amp build!!

Nice pic by the way. That actually made me smile.

EBK

Thanks!
The input jacks are kind of cool on this mixer.  In addition to accepting those beaters ( :P), they actually accept both XLR and 1/4-in. plugs.  I haven't seen these kind of jacks before. 

cooder

BigNoise Amplification