News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MeatBall Recommendations

Started by Govmnt_Lacky, February 25, 2019, 07:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

Looking to build a 'compact' Meatball pedal. Want something small-ish (1590BBTall, 1790, etc.) Doesn't need expression jacks. Just In, Out, Send, and Return.

Ideas??

EDIT: Looking at the Meatshpere. Can anyone tell me what is the smallest enclosure that it will fit into?

DLW

Alanp shared his board on OSHPark. I think the Meatsphere is about the same size. 1790NS is about as small you're going to get. Even without the FX loop and expression jacks, it still has 6 pots and 4 large rotary switches....

Muadzin

I managed to squeeze mine into a smaller box, a Hammond 1590Q, which is like a square 1590B.

https://www.banzaimusic.com/Hammond-1590Q.html

This was the smallest I could fit it in with top mounts, although I probably eliminated the expression jack. And maybe the loop too. Can't remember for sure.

somnif

If you were neurotic to offboard the pots and rotaries you could probably cook up a vero/perf board that was quite compact.

You then just have 81 wires to keep track of while wiring the offboards....

Govmnt_Lacky

Thanks all. I want to go with the Meat Sphere in a 1790NS but, I want to make sure the boards are still available and also want to know how long it will take for them to ship the PCB to me. I sent them an email (MusicPCB) and will see how long it takes for them to get back to me. In my experience, that will tell me the difference between waiting a couple days to get my board or a couple WEEKS.

flanagan0718

PM'd. Think I have a PCB for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muadzin

Quote from: somnif on February 26, 2019, 01:57:33 AM
If you were neurotic to offboard the pots and rotaries you could probably cook up a vero/perf board that was quite compact.

You then just have 81 wires to keep track of while wiring the offboards....

I tried the perf version with the wires. NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Perf is the devil's board!  >:(

jjjimi84

Quote from: flanagan0718 on February 26, 2019, 03:27:00 PM
PM'd. Think I have a PCB for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any chance of an extra for me?

LaceSensor

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on February 26, 2019, 06:18:40 AM
Thanks all. I want to go with the Meat Sphere in a 1790NS but, I want to make sure the boards are still available and also want to know how long it will take for them to ship the PCB to me. I sent them an email (MusicPCB) and will see how long it takes for them to get back to me. In my experience, that will tell me the difference between waiting a couple days to get my board or a couple WEEKS.

Ive built the Meatsphere, really nice PCB. It fits in a 1790ns
Alanp's rissole is very similar but has the Moog Mod already on board. I think a 1790ns would be the best for that project too.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: LaceSensor on February 27, 2019, 04:01:46 AM
Alanp's rissole is very similar but has the Moog Mod already on board. I think a 1790ns would be the best for that project too.

I am thinking the MeatSphere is the one BUT....

Still no reply from MusicPCB to my email. Like I said, typically if they do not take the time to answer questions in their company email then that is a sign of how customer service will be.

I'll give it one more day but, if no reply then I might look in to the Rissole project.

Bret608

Have you checked out DeadEnd FX's Meaty Balls?

https://www.deadendfx.com/product/meaty-ball

I've had my eye on this one already...looks like way too much fun!

Stomptown

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on February 27, 2019, 05:19:26 AM
Quote from: LaceSensor on February 27, 2019, 04:01:46 AM

I am thinking the MeatSphere is the one BUT....

Still no reply from MusicPCB to my email. Like I said, typically if they do not take the time to answer questions in their company email then that is a sign of how customer service will be.

I'll give it one more day but, if no reply then I might look in to the Rissole project.

If you end up going with the Rissole let me know and I'll PIF you the PCB.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Bret608 on February 27, 2019, 06:22:30 AM
Have you checked out DeadEnd FX's Meaty Balls?

https://www.deadendfx.com/product/meaty-ball

I've had my eye on this one already...looks like way too much fun!

I thought of that one first however, the profile is a bit too big for the build I want to do. If I cannot find a suitable PCB then that is definitely my fallback.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Stomptown on February 27, 2019, 07:19:07 AM
If you end up going with the Rissole let me know and I'll PIF you the PCB.

Hey Jon! I appreciate the offer. If I do not hear from MusicPCB in the next day or two, I may just take you up on it  8)

Stomptown

Sounds good.  Shoot me a PM if you want it.