News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Chia Pedal

Started by EBK, February 24, 2019, 05:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBK

A work in progress.

First, the following video is required viewing.  If you watched television in the US in the mid 1980s, you would have seen a commercial for this product several times each day.

With that out of the way, I present this, which is still in its early growing stage:

I'm hoping there won't be any water damage, but I'm in completely uncharted territory here.   :P
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

pickdropper

Hahaha, that's the best thing I've seen in a while.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

EBK

Quote from: pickdropper on February 24, 2019, 05:19:33 PM
You'll probably recognize the board:

;)
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

mjg

Yeah, ok, you win the Internet today.  :o

DLW

Hahaha! This is amazing

Betty Wont

F'n amazing. Speechless

alanp

I think I lack the cultural background to appreciate this...  :-X
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

matmosphere

Hahahaha. You should've just built it into a chia pet.

cooder

Too funny....!
Certainly got a lot of Fuzzzzzzz!
BigNoise Amplification

pickdropper

Quote from: EBK on February 24, 2019, 05:23:14 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on February 24, 2019, 05:19:33 PM
You'll probably recognize the board:

;)

I'm even more excited.  I never knew PCB design was a growth industry.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Leevibe

With enough seed money this idea could really take root and make you some serious green. It's going to be fun to see what other ideas sprout up. You definitely have a fertile imagination.

EBK

Quote from: mjg on February 24, 2019, 05:54:44 PM
Yeah, ok, you win the Internet today.  :o
I must give you a bit of credit here.  You created a tiny spark of inspiration for this project that kept spinning around in my brain.

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=26825.msg262392#msg262392

Bio77

It's awesome!  Did you use 80s chia seeds for mojo?

EBK

Quote from: Bio77 on February 25, 2019, 09:56:14 AM
It's awesome!  Did you use 80s chia seeds for mojo?
For the first attempt, I actually did!   8)

My initial failure was a moisture issue entirely.  The seeds were still viable, as can be seen in the following pics:

The problem was that I stuck the seeds directly onto the painted enclosure.  The ones at the bottom edge (where water was plentiful) were the only ones that grew.

For this attempt, I used a cardboard substrate:

Sadly, I'm out of 80s mojo seeds, but I still have tons of "modern" seeds in case this doesn't work.

Bio77

Keeps getting better! ;D

Maybe next time you can just make the enclosure out of adobe?