News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Chia Pedal

Started by EBK, February 24, 2019, 05:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

That looks like cat barf and I'm not saying that's wrong.

Bret608

But won't you damage the little guys when you stomp this?  ;)  Just kidding! This is so nuts I hope it will stand the test of time. I have never seen a truer definition of earthy, organic fuzz!

Ch-ch-ch-chia!

EBK

Next time, I'll grow a geranium germanium fuzz.   ;D
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

EBK

Quote from: Bret608 on February 25, 2019, 02:17:36 PM
I hope it will stand the test of time.
It will have a limited life, but I can keep replanting.  Fun fact:  a mature chia plant is 1.5--2m tall.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

mjg

Quote from: EBK on February 25, 2019, 03:01:56 PM
Quote from: Bret608 on February 25, 2019, 02:17:36 PM
I hope it will stand the test of time.
It will have a limited life, but I can keep replanting.  Fun fact:  a mature chia plant is 1.5--2m tall.

So... You'll be needing one of those 2m stomp switch extensions then?  ;D

Glad that my concrete enclosure played a small part in this. 

Stomptown

EBK

I'm not 100% sure how I should be interpreting that.  Does it mean that you don't like any of my builds, with this one being your least favorite?  ???

Stomptown

Quote from: EBK on February 26, 2019, 09:58:02 AM
I'm not 100% sure how I should be interpreting that.  Does it mean that you don't like any of my builds, with this one being your least favorite?  ???

Not at all! I think my humor was lost in translation here. It's a quote and photo from a movie and was meant to be playfully funny.  It's my way of saying:  that is so silly but so TOTALLY AWESOME at the same time.  I  love it!  :)

Leevibe

Quote from: Stomptown on February 26, 2019, 11:36:06 AM
Quote from: EBK on February 26, 2019, 09:58:02 AM

Not at all! I think my humor was lost in translation here. It's a quote and photo from a movie and was meant to be playfully funny.  It's my way of saying:  that is so silly but so TOTALLY AWESOME at the same time.  I  love it!  :)

I can see how you might take this wrong but I'm sure it wasn't meant that way! It's just such a senselessly fun idea! I think it's about time we see a progress pic!

EBK

EBK

Quote from: Leevibe on February 26, 2019, 11:42:07 AM
I think it's about time we see a progress pic!
I'll take another pic tonight.  Hopefully it has grown noticeably.

Here is a pic from a water damage check yesterday.  I'm not sure how I feel about my LED choice, but I think it will look better once the sprouts are taller and darker green.

More importantly, despite all the watering, the pedal still works so far!

I'm watering the plants using a plastic medicine syringe now.  It allows me to keep the water out of the critical areas above the threaded bushings of the switch and pots.

I started these seeds on February 18th, by the way.

EBK

No new pics today.  Still looks mostly the same.  If anything, it looks slightly less healthy.  Hopefully, it will perk back up once the latest watering gets absorbed.

TFZ

And here I thought I would win the crazyness award once I post about rolling capacitors. You take the win, chapeau!  ;D

EBK

Quote from: TFZ on February 27, 2019, 04:09:49 PM
And here I thought I would win the crazyness award once I post about rolling capacitors. You take the win, chapeau!  ;D
I'll take credit for crazy. 

On the topic of rolling capacitor crazy, I've made capacitors out of aluminum flashing and an engineering textbook somewhat recently (a single page of the textbook was my dielectric).  Started to venture into making a capacitor out of a mylar birthday balloon, but got distracted by other projects (like this one).  ;D

pickdropper

Quote from: EBK on February 26, 2019, 05:04:46 PM
No new pics today.  Still looks mostly the same.  If anything, it looks slightly less healthy.  Hopefully, it will perk back up once the latest watering gets absorbed.

At this point, you may have to break down and setup a 24/7 webcam so we can all track progress.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper