News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dinky Drive

Started by jcuempire, October 24, 2011, 07:59:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcuempire

Has anyone out there built the Dinky Drive when it was available?  Or recently, with Haberdasher's PCB service?  I am wondering what people thought of it.  The Rump Roast sounds so good, I was thinking the DD might as well.  Thanks

Keith

Myramyd

I have one. The tone controls are really weird. But, I spent a lot of time with it one day and got a sound I was happy with out of it. It is kind of a "quiet" pedal. It's near unity gain at full tilt.

Basically the sound I ended up with through my Deluxe Reverb was a great REM type of tone. I was learning "The One I Love" for a fill-in gig and it pretty much nailed that sound. Not really gainy or boosty, just adds some chimey grind.

So I think it's worthwhile if you are looking for that sound. Otherwise it's not really versatile like most other OD pedals.

Not sure if that helps or not!
J

jcuempire

That helps alot, actually.  I build these over the top fuzz pedals for fun, but I have no intention of ever using them.  The REM sound is more use to me. I use my Fetzer Valve most of the time for that type of sound.  Thanks for the info, I might try the DD out.