News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

... Need help with debugging an Aquaboy 2016

Started by Ariosto, February 28, 2019, 02:31:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is it possible to debug from the distance?

Aquaboy
3 (75%)
Delay
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: March 30, 2019, 03:31:55 AM

Ariosto

Hallo from Germany,
In a very enthusiastic blaze of audacity, I decided to build the Aquaboy with charge pump AND modulation. It was a hell of a job needless to say. Well, the time of testing it came (yesterday), and...... It does not work.

1. In bypass position (not engaged) the audio signal get thru, good sign.
2. With pedal engaged, the LED is on, but no sound at all. In my ignorance I followed the signal with a self made audio probe. It comes thru the 3PRR (also, it is not to blame) up to the mother board (the cable comes from the "S" in the 3PRR to the "I" in the mother board as specified in the PDF). According with the schematic the audio signal goes direct to R2, but I get no audio signal there. I checked with a tester and, there is continuity (I find this fact very strange). If there is some good soul around there who could give me a helping hand, would be very very nice!

Thanks in advance,
Ariosto

PS: Sorry for the pictures´quality (my camera is dead, so I did them with my phone) and my not so good English.

Ariosto

zombiesonore

Hi there,
looking at the documents and the schematics, you should wire the send (S) pad of the 3PRR to the (S) pad of the Aquaboy board.
And, of course the Return (R) of the Aquaboy to the (R) of  the 3PRR.

Ariosto

Quote from: zombiesonore on February 28, 2019, 03:03:58 AM
Hi there,
looking at the documents and the schematics, you should wire the send (S) pad of the 3PRR to the (S) pad of the Aquaboy board.
And, of course the Return (R) of the Aquaboy to the (R) of  the 3PRR.

REALLY? Oh, shit. I connected the send of the 3PRR to the "I" of the Aquaboy PCB, and the return of the 3PRR to the "O" Aquaboy PCB. I will make the changes tomorrow and post the results. THANKS A LOT, MAN!

Ariosto

OK, I connected the "R" of the 3PRR to the "R" of the PCB and the "S" of the 3PRR to the "S" of the PCB as above mentioned. Before I´m going wrong again, a stupid question: Now I must connect the +15v in the 3PRR to the "+" in the PCB, but, where must I connect the "-" of the PCB?

zombiesonore

Ariosto

I soldered the "+15" in the 3PRR to the "+" in the PCB, and one of the "G" to the "-" in the PCB (since there´s no "-15" in the 3 PRR). No way. With pedal OFF the audio signal get thru, Pedal ON nothing. Any other suggestion around?

zombiesonore

Please post good pictures with all the wiring.

Ariosto

My phone is not very good and my camera is dead, but I´ll try to upload some decent pictures with the complete wiring!

Ariosto

Quote from: zombiesonore on March 01, 2019, 03:49:00 PM
Please post good pictures with all the wiring.
OK, I did some pictures and I hope that the quality will be good enough to appreciate (hopefully) where is the problem. I words, the thing goes so:

"S" from the 3PRR to "S" in the PCB (Red cable)
"R" from the 3PRR to "R" in the PCB (brown cable)
"+15" from the 3PRR to the "+" in the PCB (brown cable)
2 "G2s from the 3 PRR. One to "-" in the PCB, another to the "G" in the PCB

Apparently, no cold joints or shortcuts.
Arieoto

Ariosto

Ariosto

Ariosto

zombiesonore

ookay, I get something.
The (+) & (-) pads at the bottom of the Aquaboy board are for a LED not for powering the board.
You need to run wires from (+15) and a (G) of the 3PRR to the (+) & (-) pads of the +9V at the top of the aquaboy board, next to the feedback pot pads.

Ariosto

Quote from: zombiesonore on March 03, 2019, 01:56:25 PM
ookay, I get something.
The (+) & (-) pads at the bottom of the Aquaboy board are for a LED not for powering the board.
You need to run wires from (+15) and a (G) of the 3PRR to the (+) & (-) pads of the +9V at the top of the aquaboy board, next to the feedback pot pads.

THANKS A LOT, MAN! It works. I must do the calibration process now. But your guidance spared me hours of work...!