News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

FSH-1/Sharkfin question

Started by p_wats, March 07, 2019, 09:08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

p_wats

Hey folks,

I built a Tonepad FSH-1 a million years ago. Long story short, I was modding/rehousing it and the B2M resonance pot appears to have physically died (the mechanical turning of the pot is having issues---I've opened it up, but can't see a fix and am not confident in the longevity of using it in the new build).

All I have on hand is a B1M and it sounds fine, but I'm not convinced I'm still getting the same range of sounds in the S/H filter (sounds thinner), though there are so many variables with this circuit (noise transister, opamps, etc.) that maybe I'm just being paranoid?

If I regularly leave the S/H resonance pot wide open (ie, fully turned for maximum resonance), does it matter which pot value I use here, as it's just a variable resistor in this layout, right? Or am I missing something?

Thanks!

p_wats

In the end I found an extra B2M and just used that. I also changed the mode switch to a 3PDT, so I could disconnect the noise transistor when in filter mode, removing any whine that was bleeding through.

For what it's worth, the often suggested blend pot mod was not useful for me, as it let through ticking when in use. I used a buffered blend circuit instead and it's great. Very useful to mix the S/H section with the dry signal.