News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Schu-tone Beef & Lone Wolf, Aion Astra and MBP Slow Loris

Started by jjjimi84, March 26, 2019, 07:07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

Been a busy week of building and painting, finished painting up a couple of fine dandies.

First up is the Aion Astra Fuzz, this is built to replicate the Analogman Astro Fuzz. It is a pretty wicked 60s style fuzz a ton of fun to play and has that strawberry alarm clock kinda feel to it, hence the dove and fun colors.

Next up is the very awesome Slow Loris, I am a sucker for a rat pedal and this thing just kicks so much ass. I wanted that cracked out, tin foil hat look and some what achieved it.

Next up is the two in one super overdrive combo of the Schu-tone Beef and Lone Wolf aka a Tubescreamer and a Nobels ODR-S aka a Paisley Deluxe. This thing cooks and I have recently come around to the TS circuit and was able to get some of those classic tones. I added a PedalPCB.com order switcher switch to add to the flexibility.

I have not decided if I want to actually label anything or just keep it clean. Please someone choose for me.

And finally here is my new puppy we pick up in a week. This is Sam Zap Wolf, my son got to name him.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

Quote from: jjjimi84 on March 26, 2019, 07:07:44 AM
I have not decided if I want to actually label anything or just keep it clean. Please someone choose for me.

I'd say little single letter labels on top of the knobs themselves, not the enclosure, with a touch of clearcoat for protection.

Very nice art.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Leevibe

I love the hand painted art on these. I know this is girly, but I like the daisies the most. I think spring fever is kicking in a bit.

I love the child-named puppy! That so rad. I had friends that let their kids name their youngest child and they named him Flash. So, it's his actual middle name and a nickname.

jjjimi84

Quote from: dan.schumaker on March 26, 2019, 07:53:32 AM
Looks awesome!  You know what one I like the best  ;)

Seriously nice job on the boards, super flexible and integrated relay switching, so nice.

Quote from: alanp on March 26, 2019, 08:16:53 AM
Quote from: jjjimi84 on March 26, 2019, 07:07:44 AM

I'd say little single letter labels on top of the knobs themselves, not the enclosure, with a touch of clearcoat for protection.

Very nice art.

That is what I was thinking and am going to go with. The bird turned out ehh, I realized that my paints were frogged and was trying to piece it together with thick drying paint. I might re-do this one at some point.

Quote from: Leevibe on March 26, 2019, 10:16:12 AM
I love the hand painted art on these. I know this is girly, but I like the daisies the most. I think spring fever is kicking in a bit.

I love the child-named puppy! That so rad. I had friends that let their kids name their youngest child and they named him Flash. So, it's his actual middle name and a nickname.

After living through the frozen hellscape that was winter in Wisconsin I am so excited that the snow is melting and we can start planting. The daisies turned out great and I am happy about that, especially when trying new paint techniques.

I am so pumped about our dog, although throwing out some expletives and sam zap wolf may be a challenge. I think that letting kids get involved like that is incredible, what a great honor to have for Flash, "my siblings named me!". All my siblings do for each other is pranks and put downs, which is its own form of love. I guess.

Thank you all for the comments, I appreciate it.

jjjimi84

Digging up this old thread, I have been pretty lackadaisical in posting the videos I have done. Here is one of the last I made during my covid break.

Two or three left before the new format starts, did a bunch of filming this week and got nothing done but it sounds and looks way better.

https://youtu.be/YtWKFZLeGho

harryklippton

Good video. Are those humbucker-sized p90s in your SG? I have an aion Astra board and I'm hoping I'll get to it soon

jjjimi84

Quote from: harryklippton on December 03, 2020, 03:51:29 PM
Good video. Are those humbucker-sized p90s in your SG? I have an aion Astra board and I'm hoping I'll get to it soon

Those are humbucker sized p90s, they are a set of Lindy Fralins. I like them a lot but might change them out for a humbucker with more bite, to get that classic sg sound