News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Have I mentioned that I DO NOT like FedEx??

Started by Govmnt_Lacky, March 29, 2019, 04:55:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

Yet another "interesting" experience with FedEx....

Its not like I choose to use them. The products that I purchased only offered delivery through FedEx  :-\

Ordered the items on Monday. Products arrived at the local warehouse (35 miles away) on Wednesday morning. Apparently, they are going to hold them in the warehouse until Monday morning!!?? This is NOT a scheduled delivery set up by myself.

Why do they not deliver before the "delivery date?" Who set this delivery date? Wasn't me!!

I HATE FedEx!!  >:( >:( >:(

pickdropper

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on March 29, 2019, 04:55:21 AM
Yet another "interesting" experience with FedEx....

Its not like I choose to use them. The products that I purchased only offered delivery through FedEx  :-\

Ordered the items on Monday. Products arrived at the local warehouse (35 miles away) on Wednesday morning. Apparently, they are going to hold them in the warehouse until Monday morning!!?? This is NOT a scheduled delivery set up by myself.

Why do they not deliver before the "delivery date?" Who set this delivery date? Wasn't me!!

I HATE FedEx!!  >:( >:( >:(

Was it FedEx Ground?  They've always had issues (ever since they were Roadway Package Service).  I've had good luck with FedEx Air.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: pickdropper on March 29, 2019, 04:58:26 AM
Was it FedEx Ground?  They've always had issues (ever since they were Roadway Package Service).  I've had good luck with FedEx Air.

I'm sure it is. Regardless, I don't understand why they would just leave it sitting in their warehouse for 5 total days because THEY felt it needed to be delivered on Monday. Just because it is a 5 day service (I am guessing if it is Ground) doesn't mean they HAVE TO wait the entire 5 business days  ::)

HamSandwich

Perhaps there is more going on in the inner workings that cause this problem than is immediately apparent from tracking your package.

alanp

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on March 29, 2019, 06:41:06 AM
I'm sure it is. Regardless, I don't understand why they would just leave it sitting in their warehouse for 5 total days because THEY felt it needed to be delivered on Monday. Just because it is a 5 day service (I am guessing if it is Ground) doesn't mean they HAVE TO wait the entire 5 business days  ::)

I'm damn near certain that they do this to try and get you to drop money on their spendy overnight options.

For me, I usually find that if I've picked the 30 day shipping option because money, then even if it gets through the international shipping fast, Customs will sit on it... and wait... and wait... until the 30 day deadline approaches.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: HamSandwich on March 29, 2019, 10:49:19 AM
Perhaps there is more going on in the inner workings that cause this problem than is immediately apparent from tracking your package.

If there is then they are not sharing that info. I called FedEx and was told that "Since that particular shipping option was selected by the vendor, we have up to 5 working days to deliver."

Still doesn't explain why it sits in a warehouse for 3 of those 5 working days  >:(

pickdropper

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on March 29, 2019, 12:06:31 PM
Quote from: HamSandwich on March 29, 2019, 10:49:19 AM

If there is then they are not sharing that info. I called FedEx and was told that "Since that particular shipping option was selected by the vendor, we have up to 5 working days to deliver."

Still doesn't explain why it sits in a warehouse for 3 of those 5 working days  >:(

The inner workings of all of the shipping companies can be a mystery at times.  I've had things routed way out of the direct path of travel for reasons I still don't understand.

Unfortunately, if it's five day service, they likely just deprioritized your package in favor of more urgent deliveries.  Since they technically met their obligation, there's not much recourse.  I'm not sure FedEx is any worse in this regard, but I understand it's frustrating.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

HamSandwich

Quote from: pickdropper on March 29, 2019, 01:10:40 PM

The inner workings of all of the shipping companies can be a mystery at times.  I've had things routed way out of the direct path of travel for reasons I still don't understand.

Unfortunately, if it's five day service, they likely just deprioritized your package in favor of more urgent deliveries.  Since they technically met their obligation, there's not much recourse.  I'm not sure FedEx is any worse in this regard, but I understand it's frustrating.

That's what I'm thinking as well. I've worked for and consulted with plenty of companies that either are the deliverers or ship stuff daily, and there's a lot of scheduling, planning and inner workings that aren't obvious or available to customers or people not familiar with shipping logistics. It would be great if the stars aligned and you got your package early, but as long as they keep their end of the bargain, I don't see how you can blame them for anything yet.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: pickdropper on March 29, 2019, 01:10:40 PM

Quote from: HamSandwich on March 29, 2019, 03:11:43 PM
That's what I'm thinking as well. I've worked for and consulted with plenty of companies that either are the deliverers or ship stuff daily, and there's a lot of scheduling, planning and inner workings that aren't obvious or available to customers or people not familiar with shipping logistics. It would be great if the stars aligned and you got your package early, but as long as they keep their end of the bargain, I don't see how you can blame them for anything yet.

This is why I always select USPS services when the option is available. If they have X-amount of days to deliver and it arrives 2 days earlier then, it gets delivered that much earlier.