News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

10.27 - Pre-Ordering available

Started by madbean, October 27, 2011, 09:40:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Pre-Ordering is available for the Thunderpuss, ChunkChunk, Current Lover, Road Rage, HoneyDripper, BumbleeBee and the Dirtbag Deluxe. These PCBs will ship approximately Nov.15th. Pre-orders will incur a shipping charge, however, if you place an order for any currently stocked PCB at the same time, I will ship that portion of the order immediately (obviously, there will be no "second" shipping charge for pre-order boards).

I will also get the BOM available for the Current Lover, Dirtbag and HoneyDripper up in a couple of days. The others are the same, although I will be adding a little space to the Road Rage so you can do a flat mounted TO220 type regulator (15v for example).

sgmezei

oldschoolanalog

Yes, done! Nice to have more new projects arriving. Motivation to finish what's on the bench now. 8)
I'm not a Diode Destroyer. I'm a BBDamned fool!

thatirishsob

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

tenwatt

Not too bright....

juansolo

Oh I've been holding off my next batch waiting for the clickies. On my way to the projects page now!

LOL, that was a bit of a PCB blowout, I'm now $120 lighter... Mainly because I realised I only had 3 outstanding currently. A guy needs something to build over winter!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

willc

Most excellent news.
Lots of great projects for the winter building season.

petesz

im so keen for the current lover..
also.. Kingslayer?   :-X

madbean

One thing I forgot to mention in the announcement: The DirtBag and HoneyDripper will run off 9v, however, if you are building the MN3005 version of the DirtBag (v3205 only works at 9v) you will want to use a charge pump and 15v regulator. With the HoneyDripper, I'm re-designing the stock power supply based on experimenting with my build. I found that it sounds best at 12-15v. So, I will recommend a charge pump for that as well. Not a plug to sell more "Road Rages" but some may appreciate having this info in advance!

The Dipthonizer uses an 18v supply in the stock unit and then knocks it down to 10v via Zeners, but I found this to be incredibly inefficient in my build. Using a regulated 12 or 15v supply and a voltage divider instead of the Zeners kept the voltages rock solid under load.

plesur

Scruffie

Quote from: madbean on October 27, 2011, 03:43:48 PM
One thing I forgot to mention in the announcement: The DirtBag and HoneyDripper will run off 9v, however, if you are building the MN3005 version of the DirtBag (v3205 only works at 9v) you will want to use a charge pump and 15v regulator. With the HoneyDripper, I'm re-designing the stock power supply based on experimenting with my build. I found that it sounds best at 12-15v. So, I will recommend a charge pump for that as well. Not a plug to sell more "Road Rages" but some may appreciate having this info in advance!

The Dipthonizer uses an 18v supply in the stock unit and then knocks it down to 10v via Zeners, but I found this to be incredibly inefficient in my build. Using a regulated 12 or 15v supply and a voltage divider instead of the Zeners kept the voltages rock solid under load.
You could also up the Current Lover 10V Zener up to 12V when using the 3007 and supply it with 12V, it is reported to sound better (makes sense, gets the extra headroom out the 3007 which is rated to 15V Max) so there's another case a Road Rage might come in handy!

You could also once again use a charge pump and 15V regulator on it and just ditch that zener entirely.

Oh and stop trying to steal all my money Brian  ;)
Works at Lectric-FX

madbean

Ha ha, yes I totally agree. The Current Lover MN3007 at 15v will sound great. The build I did was for the MN3207 so I topped it off with the Zener. But, you should absolutely be able to run the MN3007 at 15 if one takes the proper precautions. Thank you for pointing this out, Scruff! Also, Scruff: PM me your address: I have something to send along to you (in a couple of weeks).

redbean

es là-bas!!

jtn191

hey brian, are there many slow loris's left? Its gonna be a while until i get back into building