News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

UV Printing from PPP or Mammoth.....

Started by Drew Hallenbeck, May 04, 2019, 11:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew Hallenbeck

I want to try ordering some printed enclosures but haven't done it before. Can anyone share their process for getting graphics onto their templates and submitted for printing? I'll probably try messing with it tonight a little bit.
I do all of my graphics in Inkscape and have been printing decals on my own. I just want to make sure I'm getting it right before I spend a lot of money in trial and error.
Mammoth has a minimum order of 10 pieces to get the price break on the setup fees, PPP is 20......
PPP has far more options for powder coat colors. Mammoth will do custom colors but.....
Anyway, pros/cons to both and any tips on successfully submitting print templates would be greatly appreciated!
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

EBK

From observing what others have said before, I'd say PPP is probably much more reliable than Mammoth. 

I've never ordered a UV print personally (except I'm pretty sure my Klein bottle enclosure is from PPP), so don't necessarily assign a lot of weight to my opinion.  I can say from experience, however, that Mammoth might tell you that an enclosure coating is in stock until they reveal otherwise once a human has looked at your order.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber