News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Any Mesa Fillmore 50 users?

Started by jjjimi84, May 05, 2019, 04:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

After about five years of the same amps I am looking to downsize and thinking about getting this amp. Any users out there or any one tried one?

The gear page post is over 100 pages i dont feel like sorting through the bickering to find a few posts of insight.

I really dig the clean channel being doubled and being built to be a pedal platform, any users?

fair.child

My 2cents;

It's a great rock n roll amp. Feels like more straight forward amp. Can get the lone star clean and rock n roll plexi. Not so much for metal right riffs but it can easily adjusted with EQ.

It's a great amp and you know I'm a Mesa fan boy so yeah I do enjoy playing it when I feel need in cover 80s shred type thingy. Watch the Andy Timmons Fillmore video so you can judge it.

jjjimi84

I have watched that video to death and feel like it is right in my alley. I am going to sell off my lonestar, royal atlantic and mini rec to fund this amp and a new pedal board.

Thank you for your input!

fair.child

Fillmore is way much better than triple crown. I think these days Mesa is trying to mimic the dynamic and clean tone like Rivera. I can tell they are about a par for knucklehead (Rivera). Fillmore is very versatile for rock n roll type thingy.

For me, I just stay classic. Mark IIC+. I was debating between JP2C and IIC+. Personally, you are in the same boat like mine before. Still, I ended with what I really want and it was the IIC+. So, if Fillmore is calling you, then do it.

Lone star is great, mini rec is a beast, never owned transatlantic so can not tell. However, I did try Fillmore and triple crown at Pitbull Audio in National city. I was more impressed with Fillmore than Triple Crown.

pickdropper

I've played one at the local shop.

Really smart move by Mesa as it hits a bit off-center from their normal audience.  They should find new fans with this amp.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jjjimi84

I agree that it is a really smart move by Mesa, between the California Tweed and the Fillmore I think they are starting to target players that may have been timid to get a mesa. I love the simplified controls and have the reverb control on the front panel, that is my biggest complaint with the RA-100 and Lonestar.

I love the lonestar, the clean channel is wonderful and is really the only thing I use on it. The RA-100 sounds fantastic, an equally great clean channel and channel two is crunch and great but since I built a jmp 50 this amp hasnt seen much use.

The mini rec is a monster, honestly the loudest 25 watt amp I have ever played. It is really fun and will probably be the last one to go. I am keeping my TA-30, I have a feeling that one will go with me to the grave.

Thanks for helping me continue to talk myself into a new amp! Once some gear starts moving out the door I will have one on order.

Any recommendations on selling amp heads?

chromesphere

I accidentally bought this on the weekend.  I dont know how it happened...i must have blacked out at some point, next thing i knew i was walking out with it...

Ok ok, i will save it for the misses...

Absolute beast of an amp.  Just need to find the right speaker cabinet now
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

jjjimi84

Hell Yeah!!!!!

Nice grab, just a killer amp.

jjjimi84

My wife is gonna kill me......

Just ordered the Fillmore 50 head and have sold zero gear to fund it.

But on the plus side, i got a new amp!

Pics coming soon and a blowout sale on gear.

fair.child

Quote from: jjjimi84 on May 18, 2019, 02:49:34 AM
My wife is gonna kill me......

Just ordered the Fillmore 50 head and have sold zero gear to fund it.

But on the plus side, i got a new amp!

Pics coming soon and a blowout sale on gear.

While you're getting a Fillmore, I just got a deal  for 50/50 power amp for $290 and Right now bidding Roadster on evilBay. Just tell your wife, you got a plan to sell gear. She will understand