News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Schematic Symbols

Started by ddj3891, May 07, 2019, 05:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddj3891

I noticed on some schematics there is an arrow (similar to the "IN"/"OUT" symbol) with an "L" in it, and there are some that are a circle with either the word "PIN" in it or the circle has an "X" in it.  I'm not sure what that means.  Anyone have any insight?
Thanks. 

EBK

Could you provide a an example of such a schematic?  Context is everything.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

madbean

These are pins used for I/O connections used on the PCBs. In, Out, LED, ground, etc.

ddj3891

Here are a couple of examples.  The Hipster shows the L and PIN symbols, the Fritter shows VB, VC, and X'ed out circles. 

DLW

That is the pad for wiring the anode cathode of the LED to the footswitch.

Marshall Arts

The arrow is a label for the net name. In Eagle, click on "Name" for an net and choose the option "place label". In a second step, click on the label and choose "info". Click the XREF option.

m-Kresol

just to add to that. The "arrow" symbol is the net and used to connect stuff without the use of a line that would need to cross over the schematic to make things cleaner and easier to read. With the L, IN and so forth, Brian uses it basically as a label, but not so much for electronic functionality.
The pin circle is related to the pin that is actually put on the pcb, as the symbol and part are directly connected to each other in Eagle.

hope that makes sense
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

ddj3891

Thanks for the replys. I had to look up Eagle.  It makes more sense to me know that I see the program. 

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk