News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD - incoming

Started by madbean, May 05, 2019, 06:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

Quote from: madbean on May 07, 2019, 06:32:59 AM
Well, this is rather disappointing, esp considering I like the guitar overall. Have a close look.

I guess that would've been the 56th point of inspection.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Timko

Quote from: madbean on May 07, 2019, 06:03:15 PM
Yeah I'm going to return it. I think what I will do is hold off a while longer for more funds then get a Mexican Classic Player. I really liked the one I played in Sam Ash a lot. It's almost twice the price, though, haha.

If you don't mind the safari hunt of CL or FB Marketplace (I actually enjoy it more than buying new), you can find a good deal on a variety of JMs.  I did a quick CL search and found some good stuff across the country, including some J Mascis models for $325 and $375.  If you have the ability to try out the specific guitar you're buying instead of ordering it online for an offset, do it.  You can find the ones with the good nuts.  If you end up getting a Classic Player, you'll find too that there are some that are really light (like in the 7-7.5 lbs range), which you may or may not prefer.

madbean

Quote from: Timko on May 08, 2019, 06:37:34 AM
Quote from: madbean on May 07, 2019, 06:03:15 PM
Yeah I'm going to return it. I think what I will do is hold off a while longer for more funds then get a Mexican Classic Player. I really liked the one I played in Sam Ash a lot. It's almost twice the price, though, haha.

If you don't mind the safari hunt of CL or FB Marketplace (I actually enjoy it more than buying new), you can find a good deal on a variety of JMs.  I did a quick CL search and found some good stuff across the country, including some J Mascis models for $325 and $375.  If you have the ability to try out the specific guitar you're buying instead of ordering it online for an offset, do it.  You can find the ones with the good nuts.  If you end up getting a Classic Player, you'll find too that there are some that are really light (like in the 7-7.5 lbs range), which you may or may not prefer.

I could make a new nut for the one I got but I just don't want to bother, honestly, since I have several other guitar projects needing to get done. But yeah - I think looking locally might be the thing to do. The one at Sam Ash was pretty nice and most of their guitar are set up terribly and feel even worse, haha.