News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bench Seat / Stool Question

Started by thrillhouse, May 25, 2019, 04:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrillhouse

Hey everyone! With Father's Day and a b-day coming up, I'd like to get a new rolling stool for my bench and wanted to get some ideas of what you guys may be using. I know we all spend countless hours sitting, soldering, and probing away but the Harbor Freight rolling stool that I've been using for the past 2 years is just killing my lower back, even with getting up and stretching periodically. Anyone find a good rolling stool or seat that they're happy with that they could recommend? There's a lot of options out there but I just wanted to possibly get some first hand perspective. Can't be the only 40 something with back pain around here!!!! THANKS!!!

davent

For many years i've just used a simple wooden stool and work surface is a high bench so not bent over, leaning over my work very much, no back issues. Drum stool only seat in my music space.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

skyled

I use a drum stool also. Try lowering your stool down so the top of your bench is closer to mid-chest level. This will help avoid hunching over.

thrillhouse

Awesome, thanks for the ideas! Never thought of using a drum throne before but it makes perfect sense.