News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dirt Bag Parts?

Started by tenwatt, November 01, 2011, 10:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbo_93631

I am getting ready to order my parts for this after I finish up a few other things.  I noticed the build doc calls for a 2n5087 transistor which I believe is PNP, I can see in the schematic how it is connected to VC+, what is the function?  to drive the overload LED?
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

jrod

^^^I'm pretty sure you are correct in it being to drive the OL LED. I noticed in the build docs that if you dont want the OL LED you can eliminate the 2N5087 (as well as a few other parts).

jrod

Hey Guys!

When using the Road Rage board for 15v with the MN3005 version of the Dirt Bag, do the electro caps on the Road Rage need to be 25v or higher or will the 16v caps I have be ok?

I am thinking lower Volt. rating is ok since the Rage is receiving 9V, but the Bag elecros need to be higher since they are getting hit with 15V. Correct?

Thanks!

Mich P

Hi all !
I' m actually build it  (3005's)
but i missed R43 (1M5) resistor
Is this value is essential or not ?
Thanks,
Mich P.

jrod

Hmm, I cant seem to find R43 on the schematic!  :P

Where do you live? Maybe I can send you one. PM me if you want one.

LaceSensor

nzCdog

jkokura

Can you post a link of the fakes so we can avoid?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

LaceSensor

Quote from: jkokura on December 13, 2011, 12:03:46 PM
Can you post a link of the fakes so we can avoid?

Jacob

Nah it was just something from FSB that I made
I didnt buy any more mn3005
the only one I had was good, is in my Aqua Puss
it was $16 now the seller charges $30

sgmezei

Quote from: gtr2 on November 02, 2011, 12:55:16 PM
Quote from: Haberdasher on November 02, 2011, 10:57:40 AM
I've been wanting to get one of these.  I once talked to a fellow diy'er (I think it was Chris) who gave it 2 thumbs up.

I use one of these too.  Easy build and it works well, it would be better if it was easier to stick in some sort of enclosure.  It's saved me a few times from wrongly marked caps.  The caps were labeled on the bag wrong and you couldn't read the microprint well

Ordered one last week on your recommendations. Cant wait! I hope it gets here before Christmas. That is going to be the only building time for awhile.
Thanks for the tip!

Loztboy

What caps in this build is part of the audio signal?
I suck at understanding schematics, but I want to use audiograde caps in the audiopath.
Could someone list all caps that is part of the audiopath? or all non audio caps?

djaaz

Hi guys,

Cannot find any 910k resistors in my stash. Is this anything i should care or can i go for two 1M resistors?
I mean, i could order/buy them quite easily but i'm this lazy guy..

Scruffie

Quote from: djaaz on December 28, 2011, 04:30:45 PM
Hi guys,

Cannot find any 910k resistors in my stash. Is this anything i should care or can i go for two 1M resistors?
I mean, i could order/buy them quite easily but i'm this lazy guy..
1Ms will probably be fine, might slightly alter the modulation speed but meh.
Works at Lectric-FX

djaaz

Thanks Scruffie.
Because i'm still lazy, but don't like so much the word "alter", i'm gonna go for two 470k's serial.
Anyway, there's still a huge MN3005 question for me at the end of this build.