News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

q-vibe

Started by cjkbug, July 19, 2011, 07:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamiroking

Wow really awesome looking pedal! I'm going to building one and am thinking about taking your recommendation and wiring the CHOP control externally. How much does this open up the possibilities of the pedal? You think its worth the extra components?

cjkbug

no extra components just 3 short wires. the trem is very 1 dimensional without it. so yeah, it opens the possibilities. but the vibe is where it's at on this one.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

irmcdermott

Quote from: cjkbug on July 20, 2011, 09:08:26 PM
Use a dpdt switch run 9v to your current limiting resistor then to the center lug on one side of the switch. attach positive side of each led to outer lugs and run the negative side of each to ground. use the other side of the switch for the pcb connections.

So, on a 3PDT switch it would look something like this?

A     B     C
1  x     x     x

2  x     x     x

3  x     x     x 

1A: LED +
2A: +9v
3A: LED +

And then treat the B & C columns like the DPDT on the project diagram? Hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance.

k.rock!

Quote from: irmcdermott on July 25, 2011, 01:43:16 PM
Quote from: cjkbug on July 20, 2011, 09:08:26 PM
Use a dpdt switch run 9v to your current limiting resistor then to the center lug on one side of the switch. attach positive side of each led to outer lugs and run the negative side of each to ground. use the other side of the switch for the pcb connections.

So, on a 3PDT switch it would look something like this?

A     B     C
1  x     x     x

2  x     x     x

3  x     x     x 

1A: LED +
2A: +9v
3A: LED +

And then treat the B & C columns like the DPDT on the project diagram? Hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance.

Yup, that'll work :)

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

cjkbug

don't forget the current limiting resistor!
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

irmcdermott

you guys are awesome. thanks!

Jamiroking

Finally got around to wiring up my q vibe. I tried pouring the chop externally like you suggested but I found out that for it to ve useful, you really need access to the gain trim pot as well because the difference between all the way up and all the way down on the chop is a big difference due to the lamp basically turning off or saturating. Thus, I decided to leave it inside and use the set it and forget it strategy. Five knobs would just be too many for me