News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pork Barrel Chorus

Started by keysandguitars, November 04, 2011, 01:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keysandguitars

I've completed a few other Madbean builds that I have boxed in PPP powder coated enclosures, which are awesome. This is my first Madbean build, or any build for that matter, that I powder coated, decaled and powder clear coated. I'm incredibly happy with the sound and aesthetic results of this build.

Boxed in a 125B enclosure from Smallbear, Dormant Light Blue & super high gloss clear powder from Columbia Coatings, clear laser decal from Papilio.

A special thanks to Fastocker and rullywowr for the tutorial and detail on powder coating. I'm so glad I took the plunge, the results are amazing...and it's fun!

I should still be a "diode destroyer"!

nzCdog

Very cool man... that powdercoat job is impressive!.. 
Looks sooo good with those white chickenheads *swoon* :D

Is that the new porkbarrel pcb? 
Was there a mix knob option? 

keysandguitars

Thanks man, I figured this was the build for chicken heads. This is the new Porkbarrel PCB. There wasn't a mix knob option in the build PDF. I did do the LFO indicator mod which makes the LED blink at the same rate as the LFO driver and gets brighter when the Depth pot is turned up. It also makes for a deeper chorus effect per Brian's instruction in the PDF.

I haven't found any deflected blue LED's so I just sanded the clear one down flat. It no longer blinds me when looking directly at it. Thanks for the tip chromesphere.

marmaliser

Looks sweet :) , Could you do me a little favour and take a better pic of the guts, I am having trouble with my Pork Barrel build at the moment and this might help

Comfort Player

Great looking build inside and out.   My board is in the mail and I cannot wait to give this one a try.

Silence..... I Keeeeeel youuuuuu....

petesz

Anyone know if its possible to do that LED/LFO/Depth mod on the old style board?

keysandguitars

Marmaliser, I added a second gut shot picture. I wired the LED as instructed in the PDF from the resistor to the switch on the 3pdt. I used the standard wiring diagram found at the top right of the project page. Just ignore the LED wiring on this diagram and follow the pork barrel LED instruction. Hit me up if you can't get it going.

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/tutorials/downloads/StandardWiring_MBP.pdf

marmaliser

Quote from: keysandguitars on November 04, 2011, 04:36:54 PM
Marmaliser, I added a second gut shot picture. I wired the LED as instructed in the PDF from the resistor to the switch on the 3pdt. I used the standard wiring diagram found at the top right of the project page. Just ignore the LED wiring on this diagram and follow the pork barrel LED instruction. Hit me up if you can't get it going.

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/tutorials/downloads/StandardWiring_MBP.pdf
Thanks I have started a new thread here http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=2994.0  Your photo helped me to make sure everything was the right way round etc.

chromesphere

Nice build keys, that powder coating job looks top notch!  How do you like the diffuse LED's (sanded)?  I think personally, i like them better sanded.  The light from the lens is kind of blinding / easier to see the LED is on from an angle when the lens is removed.

Man, i gotta get some practice with my PC gun when i get back.  Yours looks pro.  Well done!
Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

bigmufffuzzwizz

What a fabulous look! That is top quality Powdercoating!! I've been holding off on it for too long. I bought the air compressor just need the rest of it (gun, toaster oven, paints).
I also sand down super brights sometimes. I like the look, especially with the red ones. Red moon.
The new layout is much smaller!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals