News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

1590A Flanger and Cornish-style OD's

Started by dan.schumaker, June 10, 2019, 06:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan.schumaker

Here is the last few I've been working on.

First is the Cosmic Rift Flanger.  Thomasha already beat me to a Electric Mistress in a impossibly small container, but here is my take on it.  I needed to go slightly longer on the board to get everything to fit on it and that left just a little less room for the relay bypass board, but the lid fit on just fine and it works great fully boxed.
1936 Cosmic Rift by Dan Schumaker, on Flickr

Next is the Secret Agent.  This is similar to the Cornish SS-3.  This has an always on Cornish input buffer, and I added a Baxandall tone stack to give control over the treble and bass content.  This is a pretty cool drive, being based in the Distortion+ family tree.
1934 Secret Agent by Dan Schumaker, on Flickr

Here is the Outcast OD/Fuzz.  This is based on the G2.  I originally had 1N34A's as the clipping diodes, but it was really quiet, and I didn't care for the sound at all.  Replaced them with BAT41's, and it roars to life.  I know the 1N34A's is what separates it from every other Muff, but I like the sound where it landed.  Like the Secret Agent, this one also has the Cornish Buffer in front.
1937 Outcast by Dan Schumaker, on Flickr

Lastly is the Wasteland.  This is the Cornish NG-2 Fuzz.  Lots of fun tones in here, playing around with the interaction of the Drive and Sustain controls.  Like the previous two, this has the always on buffer as well.
1938 Wasteland by Dan Schumaker, on Flickr

brejna

Your 1590a collection is getting bigger and bigger.. :)
I am really enjoying your build reports.

jimilee

Daaammnn, those are pristine, nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

dawson

That, sir, is a tiny flanger- inspirational 1590A skills indeed!

I especially dig your "Secret Agent" graphic.
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

jjjimi84

Dude you're a sadist, but i love the builds. Really nice job!

alanp

Speaking as a man who built a Klee sequencer, those are bloody insane.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

pickdropper

Nice builds, Dan.  I always appreciate a densely packed 1590A build.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper