News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Gravity Wave Wiring

Started by Masochist, June 27, 2019, 02:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masochist

Could someone please explain to me how the VC pad is wired? I'm actually not 100% on the entire thing to be honest. I have attached an off board wiring image from tagboardeffects.. is it similar to that? Cheers :)

Masochist

I understand the VC pad is for the indicator LED.. I'm just not sure where to connect the negative lead. Do I just connect it to ground? That's my best guess, as I don't think it would need to be connected to the footswitch.

Since posting I've rediscovered the madbean offboard wiring guide which answers most of my questions. But if someone could confirm or deny if my idea about connecting the negative lead to ground is correct or not I'd really appreciate it.

Sorry for the noob question :/

DLW

If you look at the schematic, you'll see that "Vc" is filtered (100uf) and protected (1N5817) +9V. So, for all intents and purposes, it is just a convenient source for 9V, rather than getting it from the DC jack. Connect a wire coming from the Vc pad to a current limiting resistor (~4k7) and connect the other leg of the resistor to the LED anode (long pin). Connect the cathode (short pin) to the 3PDT where it will be ground when the circuit is active. If you use the Madbean switch wiring, that would be the middle/middle lug of the switch. You have a active (on), bypass (off) indicator LED with this set up.

Masochist

Thanks very much for your help man, that's exactly what I needed. I really need to learn how to properly read a schematic! I knew I had to use a CLR I just couldn't work out where to connect the short pin. Thanks again mate :)

DLW

Oops, I goofed. You should connect the short pin to top row, middle lug in the Madbean 3PDT wiring. Middle, middle is ground. Or with the diagram you posted, it should go to the top, left lug. You can wire the switch however you want. I just wanted to clarify.

Masochist

Thanks bud :) I appreciate your help.