News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Economy memory man, a simple analog delay

Started by thomasha, July 02, 2019, 02:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasha

Long time without posting, but since I started with BBDs I had a lot of new (old) material to read. Thanks to Scruffie I could find the economy memory man. It's just a smaller version, without all the filtering and extra modulation and the compander, so it should fit in a smaller enclosure. I wonder why I can't find this pedal built more often...

I started with this schematic

and made some changes to a simple 9v power supply and the cheaper v3205 v3201 combo.
Since I used a different clock, there is no chorus in this one.

The boost was also reduced with a 2.7k resistor, just to overcome the volume drop at the centre of the blend pot.

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

mjg

As usual, another amazing tiny build.   I always struggle to believe you can close the lid on these things!  ;D

dawson

Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

selfdestroyer

Damn... just damn.

Amazing build. Love the artwork also!

What knobs are those? I have been looking for a few smaller diameter knobs for a few synth builds I am working on and those look great.

gordo

Unbelievable.  That's like the pedal equivalent of a clown car...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

sarde

I'm overwhelmed and amazed at this. Any chance of a demo video?
Check out some of my projects over at https://pendragonguitarworks.wordpress.com/

alanp

Simple... Yeah...

Edit -- I also like how you even used the weird footprint of the MN3005 to squeeze another millimeter of space in for the trimpots.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

EBK

Someone needs to find Thomas some smaller enclosures to work with.  He's no longer being challenged.  ;D
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

jprizz

holy shnikees! At first I thought 'No Way he fit that delay into that little thing', then I scrolled farther down... jaw hits the desk!

That.Is.Impressive!

DLW

Holy jeebus. You even moved the trimmers in between the nubs of the MN3005 to maximize space?

At some point, will you please post pictures of a pedal board of 1590LBs, so I can cry myself to sleep at night.

fair.child

This is going to be build of the year 2019. Geez, very fantastic build!

thomasha

Thanks for the kind words guys!
I added some extra pictures of the board that I forgot yesterday...

QuoteWhat knobs are those? I have been looking for a few smaller diameter knobs for a few synth builds I am working on and those look great.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32812304696.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.7c694c4dixEsEo

But they are for knurled pots, so I had to sand them. I use a 6 mm drill bit and sanding paper until it fits. Unfortunately the 6.5 mm drill bit is too big.

QuoteYou even moved the trimmers in between the nubs of the MN3005 to maximize space?
yep, the weird footprint of the BBD helped. The output balance trimmer really helps reducing the whining.

Bio77

Great build!  I had the same thought as when I saw your Electric Mistress build.  This is like a fine watch, a piece of art.

Quote from: EBK on July 03, 2019, 03:09:09 AM
Someone needs to find Thomas some smaller enclosures to work with.  He's no longer being challenged.  ;D

He will eventually be limited by the size of a toe!