News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Is the golden age over?

Started by Willybomb, June 19, 2019, 03:55:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Quote from: Willybomb on July 03, 2019, 08:42:23 PM
QuoteCan you link to a time when you asked for feedback on a build and didn't get any?

I think I phrased that wrong.  "Comments" would be a better word.

To be fair, I've been single a loooong time... ;)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

juansolo

Quote from: pickdropper on July 04, 2019, 07:45:29 AM
I guess my viewpoint is slightly different on build reports.  I think this place is pretty great about giving positive feedback to folks posting their first builds.  It's fun seeing what somebody new brings to the table; sometimes there are subtle differences, but it's nice to see anything different.

I don't post as many build reports as often as I used to.  Mainly because so much of it is similar to things I've posted in the past.  I've gotten wonderful feedback over the years, but most of the people have seen it multiple times over at this point.  I think that occurs with a lot of the long-timers here.  I am sure people that look at them appreciate the contributions, but there isn't as much to say about it.  That's why it's always cool when there are posts from new folks.

That's true, there are a few of us who have a very set style and tend to build very similar looking pedals. I am certainly guilty of not posting duplicates and odd things that don't do or look much different.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk