News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

EHX Klein Bottle

Started by Aentons, July 03, 2019, 06:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aentons

Looks like EHX might have taken some inspiration from the Klein Bottle. $140 is not bad...

EBK

Saw that.  The parallel mixing stuff is nifty, but they left out the cool series feedback stuff from the Klein Bottle.  Makes it cheaper to produce and easier to explain its functionality, I suppose.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

benny_profane

Quote from: EBK on July 03, 2019, 06:22:12 PM
The parallel mixing stuff is nifty, but they left out the cool series feedback stuff from the Klein Bottle.

I saw this yesterday and immediately thought, "Huh, somebody at EHX has been looking at the Klein Bottle." Since the feedback controls are really what make the KB spectacular, it's really quite a different pedal.

When you take out the feedback routing, the trails selection, and the HPF/LPF for each channel, it's really trimmed down to basic functionality. Still, the price isn't bad, and it'd be useful.

Mixer/routers seem to be generally in vogue now. EQD has their own unit as well.

ahiddentableau

I just saw this and figured it was getting notice here.  While the feature set is spartan, the main idea and the layout is a straight rip off.  Kind of sad.  On the other hand, it's a great idea and now it'll reach a more mainstream audience.  I guess that's a bit of a silver lining.

EHX should make a donation to Peter's teaching charity/teaching endeavor, if that's still going on.  Not going to hold my breath on that, though.

Muadzin

Quote from: ahiddentableau on July 04, 2019, 08:29:18 PM
I just saw this and figured it was getting notice here.  While the feature set is spartan, the main idea and the layout is a straight rip off.  Kind of sad.  On the other hand, it's a great idea and now it'll reach a more mainstream audience.  I guess that's a bit of a silver lining.

EHX should make a donation to Peter's teaching charity/teaching endeavor, if that's still going on.  Not going to hold my breath on that, though.

If we get to clone their circuits, shouldn't they get to clone ours as well? It seems like basically every EHX pedal which does not involve DSP has been cloned by pretty much everyone by now. And some of them here have even started out on EHX stuff, Lectric-FX comes to mind. And as I say everytime somebody mentions illegal downloading, in this case not every EHX sale means one less Klein Bottle will be sold. It still has many features the EHX version doesn't have (yet?). And a lot of guitar players avoid anything DIY related like the proverbial plague, as soldering literally seems to scare them to death. So you wouldn't have sold any PCB's to them anyway.