Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

5PDT switching solutions?

Started by Lubdar, July 28, 2019, 09:09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lubdar

Hey everybody!
   I hope you are all doing well.

I'm working on a design which requires a 5PDT footswitch to operate properly. I'm not aware of any switch, so i am looking at CMOS solutions for switching. In particular I was looking at the old GeoFex article based on the CD4043 and CD4013 as a way to incorporate as many SPDT's into my design as I need. 

http://www.geofex.com/article_folders/cd4053/cd4053.htm

However I noticed that with the "Normally Open" momentary footswitch, that sometimes it will switch back and forth rapidly at what seems to be one click.  I'm looking for something a little more reliable...Does anyone have any suggestions on how to use CMOS for switching, or is there another alternative?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

All the best,
   Bradford
(--c^.^)--c

alanp

Quote from: Lubdar on July 28, 2019, 09:09:16 AM
However I noticed that with the "Normally Open" momentary footswitch, that sometimes it will switch back and forth rapidly at what seems to be one click.

"Debouncing" is the search term you're after.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Lubdar

Ahhh yes, I will have to learn the lingo :)

As I discovered and tested late last night, I can use a pair of 1776 opto-tron optical bypass circuits to function as the 4pdt with LED indicator (somewhat addressing the 5PDT issue).  I will still need to test out problems with debouncing using the CMOS set-up but for right now, the problem has been addressed.

Best regards,
   Bradford
(--c^.^)--c