News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Parasit Studio 'The Corruptor' 3.0 with CV input

Started by dawson, May 13, 2023, 02:59:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawson

So I've been on the lookout for projects that can accept control voltage (CV) clocks or modulation in an attempt to integrate my pedalboard and modular synthesizer, and Parasit Studio's got a cool handful of options.

Todays' build is The Corruptor ring modulator version 3.0 :

Ring modulators are really something else.. the best explanation I could find was in an article at Sweetwater "it's an audio mixer that combines two signals and outputs their sum and difference while subtracting the original frequencies" -Jake Jenkins.  I can grasp it when someone poetically oversimplifies the concept like that but certainly not to the point that I can predict what's going to happen.

The best way for me to approach ring modulators with trial + error + experimentation. It won't really do your favorite cover songs and the square-wave sound isn't for everybody, but if you've got an ear for peculiar riffs and noises, the Corruptor sort of writes them for you.

Like I said- I'm all about that CV at the moment so this build can switch on/off and between another SCHMORG module and a panel-mounted source. Other than that, it's a stock build. I made a little video showing a couple possible uses and sounds, as well as the range of the frequency control. I did my best to be music-like.

There's an Aion Convex in front of it to get a good input but I didn't mess with any other drives or effects for time's sake.
*By the way this is my first DEMO, so if you watch it- any critique would be neat. I'd like to know how it might improve for next time- I'm already looking into recording better audio quality..

WTF is this "SCHMORG?"
https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=32053.0

Thanks for reading!
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.