News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Eepy Beepy - pedalpcb Arachnid

Started by Willybomb, August 02, 2019, 04:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

Gudday all, here's a custom order I've done for someone who saw some of my stuff on FB.

It was a bit of work, and there's probably easier ways to do it, but basically:

- Tayda pedalpcb predrilled enclosure (the mode hole needed enlarging bit everything else was great)
- Grey etching primer,
- Rustoleum glitter spraypaint,
- Couldn't get modgepodge, so I used some other type of expensive watered down PVA to seal it and build up the top (and bottom) so I could eventually sand it flat...  Used some elmers on the bottom as a experiment but it clouded up so I washed that off, oddly enough.
- Upol rattlecan to seal that all off.
- Transparent laser sticker of some sort ($7 per sheet!)
- More upol.

The Arachnid has an eeprom consisting of various flavours of delay and reverb.  Haven't had an issue with a pedalpcb board yet and the updated version with the rotary switch is great.

Willy.

Bret608

That is seriously cool! It came out really sparkly, so the hard work in finishing the enclosure paid off.  8)

Willybomb

Thanks.  It looks heaps better in real life, any sort of viewing angle change makes it sparkle.

mjg

So is that the green glitter rustoleum from Bunnings?  That looks seriously good.  I'll have to give it a try. 

Willybomb

Yep, it's the stuff from Bunnings.  I used this stuff (watered 1:1 or so) to seal the top and bottom (That took a long time) so I could sand to a flat surface.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/boyle-250ml-leni-all-purpose-sealer_p1662826

Here's a quick vid off my FB page showing the sparkliness.

https://www.facebook.com/william.phillips.77736310/videos/pcb.2592232254172762/2592231534172834/?type=3&theater

I'm actually a big fan of how the sticker came out as it gives more depth to the top.  The print clearly isn't on the surface (as it's on the sticker, which is quite thick) and gives it a real 3d feel.

nzCdog